Weight Loss and Hormones

Options
poustotah
poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
I guess this is mostly directed to all of you ladies out there but if there's a man that can help then feel free to hop on it.

I've lost 90 pounds and have reached my goal weight. I still work out 5-6 times a week. So here's my problem. Ever since I've lost all of this weight I am having some serious mood swings about one week prior to getting my period for about 3-4 days at a time. By serious I mean that I get desperately depressed or angry and nothing seems to make it better. I can always tell when its coming because the day before I'm SUPER happy. I'm famaliar with PMS and never had any symptoms before I lost this weight but now I'm getting a little concerned (not enough to gain the weight back but pretty concerned). I was wondering if this happens to anyone else and if so, what are you doing about it?

Thanks guys!

Replies

• minesc
    minesc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Has your mood improved overall since the weight loss? Could it be that now you are overall happier, and depression is now more noticeable? If you can find a good endocrinoligist, they may have specifics regarding hormones. I personally have not experienced that much weight loss.

On a happier note, CONGRATS to losing the weight.

C
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I agree, you should check with your doctor about doing a hormone check to make sure everything is in balance for you. I have noticed less pms symptoms since the weightloss. The whole monthly process is much easier. Congrats on the weightloss!