Heart Rate Monitor App for Weight Training

Options
I have a Wahoo Blue HR heart rate monitor that I love. It is easily synced with my iPhone and I use it with the Runtastic app every time I run. What I am looking for, though, is a good app for tracking my heart rate while weight training or doing Insanity. The Runtastic app is perfect when running, but there has to be something out there for what I am looking for. Does anyone have suggestions on a good heart rate monitor app?

Replies

• RikkiDominey
    RikkiDominey Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump, I'm curious about this also!
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I haven't enabled the sensors for HRMs in this yet, but iRunner does have a couple weight lifting options under "Other" and it hooks up to a selection of HRMs. I've been using the free version of the app just for GPS tracking my walks, but it has a $2.99 upgrade to enable the HRM sensors.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/irunner-running-jogging-walking/id304074554?mt=8
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Heart rate is really not relevant during weight training. I suppose one could use it to gauge recovery between sets, but I'm not sure even that has any meaning. Heart rate during weight training is not metabolically driven and does not respond in a systematic fashion, so I'm not sure there is any value in tracking it.
  • phjorg
    phjorg Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Heart rate is really not relevant during weight training. I suppose one could use it to gauge recovery between sets, but I'm not sure even that has any meaning. Heart rate during weight training is not metabolically driven and does not respond in a systematic fashion, so I'm not sure there is any value in tracking it.
    ^^ this.
  • jacofourie2
    Options
    Hi there. My HR spikes into the 160 when I do weight training so it does matter. I burn up to 400Kcal per session without doing cardio according to my polar. I do weights power sets in the morning and cardio in the afternoon. I also want an app to tract that. I also use runtastic and asked them to add the non moving future for working out in the gym
  • jacofourie2
    Options
    Aaa I see Digifit has a weight training option. Will use that and see how it goes.