Anxiety?

Options
Hey all, i'm new here and i'd like to know some tips to avoid anxiety... lately i've been trying to lose weight but every time i eat, no matter if i'm full i find myself in the kitchen again eating tons of snacks and candies... sometimes i eat so much i get sick ): this started since i decidei wanted to have a good looking body and a better health, so i need you to please give me some tips on how to avoid this weird episodes because i feel that everything i do just won't work until i control my way of eating.

Replies

• Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you're doing this? Are you afraid of being deprived of comfort? Are you seeing anyone about your anxiety or taking any medications for it?
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    A lot of times we sabatoge ourselves/progress. This has happened to me many times, hence the weight loss and then the maxi gain. I get to a certain point in my weight loss journey where the anxiety sets in and I just start finding any excuse to not go forward. That's why, afyer two years I came back to MFP and I didn't cancel my previous account/failure. I want to be accountable and recognize what I'm doing to myself and get the help I need to overcome it. This site is great for that reason...at any time during the day, someone, form somewhere around the world is there to answer you and help you through your 'moment'. When your in your moment of frenzy do NOT be afraid to ask for help...that's what I did in the past. I didn't ask for help and I was overwhelmed. When you're in your moment, log on and talk about it...and keep talking about it util the moment passes. If you need some more support, feel free to add me as a friend. I wouldn't mind kicking your butt while you kick mine:flowerforyou:
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Why are you buying those snacks and candy and bringing them into your house if you don't want to consume them?
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    first,stop buying crap food. Do not have it in your home.
    second, your anxiety may be a result of eating all that crap.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    first,stop buying crap food. Do not have it in your home.
    second, your anxiety may be a result of eating all that crap.

^^This, absolutely.

Sugary, carby things will definitely increase anxiety. So will things with caffeine. Exercise will combat anxiety.

If you are eating enough food with sufficient protein and fats, you shouldn't feel a need to snack too much.

There is a learning curve. Like anything you start, it takes a while to get into a routine that works.

Open your food diary and let people take a look at what you're doing. You are logging everything, right? It will help you see the damage in numbers - which is really helpful to healing.