Wedding Dress won't zip it up, Motivators add me up

Options
Right People I'm back with a vengence after a 3 week couch potatoe moment I'm still trying to beat this cold, at the tail end of it now so it's time to grab the bull by the horns.

Wedding Dress arrived today and I need to loose loose loose as i cannot zip it up, 6 months till the day.

So I need lots of support and motivation to burn burn burn that fat and get in my dress :0)

Tomorrow I hit the clean eating and I'm booked in for step class tomorrow, joined a netball team which starts on the 17th.

It's now or never, do or die.

So let it begin !!!

Add me motivators, open diary, logging again from tomorrow 10.4.13

Weight

Last weigh in before couch potatoe kicked in 6th March 206lb (23lb loss since I began in Jan 2013)

Todays weight 9th April 210lbs

4lb gain in 4 weeks :0(

Replies

• anarjackson
    anarjackson Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it girl!!! Just stay motivated and surround yourself with people who are positive and who will encourage you!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    omg, my wedding dress came yesterday and it would not zip all the way up either!!!!!! it is a size 8, i couldn't believe it. I have never not been able to fit into a size 8 dress.

My wedding is on June 21st.

I signed up for another round of bootcamp, which starts April 21st, 9 weeks every sunday. I am going to start C25K tomorrow (start at week 3, just because I know I can run), and I will be cranking out the 30DS video at least twice a week. I have the nike training club app, which is useful, so days when I need to mix it up I will do this instead. I also am planning on taking a 20 minute walk everyday at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be amazing and fit into our gown, we have to!

let's do this!!!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Buying clothes too small, thinking you'll lose weight is always a mistake. But you do have 6 months, so you can do this. Good luck!
  • nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You have a lot of time, I'm sure you will make it if you keep working at it!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it girl!!! Just stay motivated and surround yourself with people who are positive and who will encourage you!

Exactly.

You're going to need all these things and a pair of pliers in order to get that dress up.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Six months is a fairly decent amount of time? How close to zipping is it?

No more couch potato! Let your motivation be looking gorgeous on your wedding day.
  • katsmah
    katsmah Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi. I'm new here, just started yesterday. My wedding is in Oct, but my dress won't be in until Aug. I bought it one size smaller than suggested, it fits bust and hips but I need to loose 2 inches in my waist. I'm hoping to loose 20 lbs by August. Maybe we can motivate each other.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    im getting married next year in august... is this a normal practise then to order one thats a size smaller?! i havent even started looking at gowns yet.
  • emichale13
    emichale13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 years old and have bi lateral knee replacements, bi lateral hip replacements, and 9 levels of disease in my spine. I joined MFP 6 weeks ago. I never in a million years would have thought that simple caloric monitoring and low level cardio would help me. I think I wanted to make excuses for myself because well, I just like to do that sometimes. Prolly a little self pity in the mix about all my joint problems.

What I found is that in 6 weeks I have lost 14 lbs all from monitoring what goes in and trying to do cardio to balance out the overages. I am ECSTATIC~~~~ I thought there would surely have to be a gimmick to weight loss at my age and with all my problems. Like I tried Sensa but even it wasn't as effective as mfp. I am 7 lbs away from my original goal so I am now thinking of lowering that goal by another 5 lbs to make me 12 lbs away from my goal.

So with a strong committment, and daily action on your part you can do ANYTHING. Remember you have a community of peeps now with the same goal - weight loss. Cammaraderie here is amazing.

The online aquaintances and my work friends who also do mfp keep me going especially when I have a bad day or a bad binge that can trigger a relapse into stinking thinking.

You can do it girl...count the ways.

Michale
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough (no crash dieting).
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    im getting married next year in august... is this a normal practise then to order one thats a size smaller?! i havent even started looking at gowns yet.

NO, and wedding dresses are famous for running small anyway. Usually you have to go up a size or two. How's that for a self-esteem boost?!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    lol im not really bothered about the size of the dress im sure no one will be looking at the label lol... so excited to try dresses on though!!!!
  • jtempalski
    Options

NO, and wedding dresses are famous for running small anyway. Usually you have to go up a size or two. How's that for a self-esteem boost?!

Agreed!! My wedding dress was no where what I would wear in normal clothes sizes or dress sizes.... so def go try stuff on and see what size you'd be first! Alterations can quickly add up!
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    Hi. I'm new here, just started yesterday. My wedding is in Oct, but my dress won't be in until Aug. I bought it one size smaller than suggested, it fits bust and hips but I need to loose 2 inches in my waist. I'm hoping to loose 20 lbs by August. Maybe we can motivate each other.

umm... usually you lose weight semi proportionately, meaning if you lose two inches in your waist you;re likely to lose some in bust and hips as well.
    this is why almost ALL wedding dresses are tailored. So they fit your body properly.

the other idea is buy a decnet waist cincher or corset.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Six months is plenty of time, but you didn't say how much weight you need to lose. But either way, you can make a lot of progress in 6 months. I killed in my first 6 months on MFP.

But I do have two questions:

How come women just don't buy a dress that fits? Wouldn't that be easier?

And what's the point of losing weight for a wedding? What happens after the wedding?
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Buying clothes too small, thinking you'll lose weight is always a mistake. But you do have 6 months, so you can do this. Good luck!

this ^^^^

also, wedding dresses are supposed to be tailored to fit you specifically.
    go see a seamstress.
  • TigressPat
    Options

yes, wedding dresses are made to fit "normal" or European/Uk sizes, not US vanity sizes, so they run 1-2 sizes small.

In other words if you wear a size 10 just about everywhere else, you'll likely need a 14 wedding gown.

the big exception to this being if you are a classic pear shaped with a small top and defined waist. then you can usually get away with your normal size providing you buy a ballgown or a-line style with a full skirt (no trumpets or mermaids!)
  • amymaytay
    amymaytay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I bought my wedding dress almost a year ago, we are getting married this june(haven't tried the dress on lately but haven't gained weight since i bought it) started mfp on 03/12/2013 and am slowly losing....my fear at the moment is that my dress will be too big! lol i never thought i would say that in a million years, maybe when i get home tonight i should pull it out and try it on?? hmmm...just maybe....feel free to add me as a friend, so we can all look beautiful on our wedding days!
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Six months is plenty of time, but you didn't say how much weight you need to lose. But either way, you can make a lot of progress in 6 months. I killed in my first 6 months on MFP.

But I do have two questions:

How come women just don't buy a dress that fits? Wouldn't that be easier?

And what's the point of losing weight for a wedding? What happens after the wedding?
    [/quote]

haven't you looked at profiles before where there's a pic in a wedding gown and that's all? or ones where you can barely recognise the wedding gown pic when compared to the other photos?

:laugh:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    To both girls with dresses that won't zip, I really really REALLY couldn't recommend heavy lifting more. I lost more inches in 8 weeks of lifting then in 30# of cardio/low cal dieting. Fastest, most sustainable way to decrease your size.