inner thigh fatness?

Options
Are there any exercises to target inner thighs? This is my BIGGEST issue. With summer pretty much here almost, I'd like to wear shorts and not feel insecure about the fatness that is my thighs! Help?

Replies

• tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Looking to see the responses!
  • tatd_820
    Options
    Are there any exercises to target inner thighs? This is my BIGGEST issue. With summer pretty much here almost, I'd like to wear shorts and not feel insecure about the fatness that is my thighs! Help?

Make the IMG lower case on both ends for pic to show
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce fat. Lose weight and they will eventually become smaller.
  • paige_eloise
    paige_eloise Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bump - I want to see the answers!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    The only way to burn fat is cardio. Get that heart rate up!
  • tatd_820
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce but you can train specific areas.....
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce fat. Lose weight and they will eventually become smaller.

This is the correct answer. Sorry, ladies.
  • Boobarella2
    Options
    So toning an area simply doesnt exist anymore?
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    Options
    I do inner thigh lifts. I don't think this really helps with the fat but it does tighten the muscles up. Have to burn body fat with cardio of some kind to get rid of fat. These have really improved the appearance of mine. I'm sure there are more just goggle it.
  • mxzilla
    mxzilla Posts: 14
    Options

This! ^ Fat will decide where it wants to leave, and when. No controlling that. But if you want to tone the muscle in your thighs, squats and leg lifts. Lots and lots of squats and leg lifts haha.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    surgery?
  • ellethom
    ellethom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One thing I've read on to keep any bulking down is sumo squats - heidi klum does them *and keep in mind she's predisposed to a model's body* and looks really great! cardio will lose fat, but i worry about 'bulking' with squats and lunges.

i think the variations help lean up the muscle!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    eat in a deficit to lose the fat.....start lifting weights (compound movements)....do some cardio for overall health :)

there are a ton of forum posts in here on this.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat.

You CAN spot increase (or maintain) muscle but really, it's better to do so all over your body.

Calorie deficits burn fat, not cardio.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce but you can train specific areas.....

I'm well aware of that. She asked about inner thigh fat, which I assume is her concern, not building muscle.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    One thing I've read on to keep any bulking down is sumo squats - heidi klum does them *and keep in mind she's predisposed to a model's body* and looks really great! cardio will lose fat, but i worry about 'bulking' with squats and lunges.

i think the variations help lean up the muscle!

You won't "bulk" by doing squats and lunges.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    You can not spot reduce as you lose fat your body will overall slim where it wants and the most stubborn parts (belly, inner thigh, back of arm) tend to go last,
    With that said here are some great exercises that work that area:
    lunges, side lunge, squat
    also you can look up
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltVa07h87bw <--beginner inner thigh pop pilates
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eQXRv8WiDg <---- inner thigh workout pop pilates
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT4UlsoQchY <--Inner thigh insanity
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJyZhOJ2Tag <----Inner thigh challenge

And go -D
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options

Wrong.
  • emaurelli
    emaurelli Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There is an inner and outer thigh machine at the gym I use. I'm sure it only works the muscles but I've had a lot of success with it. Of course I've also been doing cardio etc so I'm losing weight everywhere too.
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

errr WRONG! Cardio is great but it is most certainly not the "only way" ! Please don't go giving advice if you clearly don't know your facts.

one of the best things for fat loss is weight lifting... And I mean lifting heavy. Have a mix of both weight lifting and cardio.

Anyway sumo Squats are good for inner thighs but really, you can't spot reduce fat. You just need to bring your overall all body fat percentage down and your body decides where it comes off from first.