I'm going to Vegas!

Amylynn
Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
This is my first time flying on a plane, my first time going on a vacation, & my first time leaving the state & I'm 26 years old. So, what should I do? Should I just totally live it up & make up for it by working extra hard when I get back, or should I try to somewhat moderate myself while I'm there?

Replies

• aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Sweet! Start traveling! I'm from Vegas..I would give you some ideas to go out but I live in Vegas and to me Vegas is boring..hahaha (I don't drink, party or gamble so I avoid the Strip).

I would say stay moderate. Don't go overboard with food and have fun! Like I wouldn't do a buffet all day long or every single day. =)
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    This is my first time flying on a plane, my first time going on a vacation, & my first time leaving the state & I'm 26 years old. So, what should I do? Should I just totally live it up & make up for it by working extra hard when I get back, or should I try to somewhat moderate myself while I'm there?

it depends.
    are you quite limited w/ $$? or not. ~i was.
    i had no $ when i went there for my 1st (and only, so far, time) but i had fun!

:noway: jogged on the strip; got "flased" by a homeless man
    :smile: walked around the various plazas
    :ohwell: attended a time share thing (or 2?) and attended lives shows, ect...\
    :bigsmile: and more!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Sweet! Start traveling! I'm from Vegas..I would give you some ideas to go out but I live in Vegas and to me Vegas is boring..hahaha (I don't drink, party or gamble so I avoid the Strip).

I would say stay moderate. Don't go overboard with food and have fun! Like I wouldn't do a buffet all day long or every single day. =)

Hey cool, I lived in Vegas for 5 years myself, in the Summerlin area (Rainbow & Cheyenne)...I loved living there!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I say just go and have fun! Lot of new things you'll be trying out simply by getting to the plane, leaving the State, being in Vegas, being on a first time vaca! Food is NOT everything, but being here on MFP since Aug of 2008 I imagine you know that. I say don't allow food to be the main focus on a first time vacation to a first time location. :tongue:

Check out what you can and have fun fun fun with all the new experiences but you have food where you live now, right? :huh: :laugh: :laugh: So maybe take time for other things and have food take a back seat, but do plan just like you do now, pre-planning might not be as easy but you know what healthy foods are so pick and chose wisely. I think you'll have far more fun being able to come back home feeling refreshed and relaxed and proud of your decisions! :)

Track your foods, alcohol etc. Or at least loosely if you can't be exact. MFP isn't going anywhere :wink: :wink: if you've got internet access while you're there.

Have a blast :drinker: Amylynn and share you fun when you get home!:flowerforyou: How long will you be away?:wink:

Becca:heart:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member

it depends.
    are you quite limited w/ $$? or not. ~i was.
    i had no $ when i went there for my 1st (and only, so far, time) but i had fun!

:noway: jogged on the strip; got "flased" by a homeless man
    :smile: walked around the various plazas
    :ohwell: attended a time share thing (or 2?) and attended lives shows, ect...\
    :bigsmile: and more!!
    Well there ya go! Getting flashed and bet you she didn't have to pay a dime, free entertainment. lol or not:noway: :laugh:
  • last25
    last25 Posts: 83
    Oooo, Vegas!! I've never left New York so I feel you on the traveling thing. Don't make food your main focus. I mean eat because you're hungry not because you're on vacation and want to "live it up". Trust me it's not worth all the hard work to try to make up for it later if during your vacation you made poor food choices. But at the same time don't deprive yourself either. Just remember too much of something is never a good thing... so eat what you want but be aware of the portions.

Have fun Amy!!
  • oregonlady
    Well there ya go! Getting flashed and bet you she didn't have to pay a dime, free entertainment. lol or not:noway: :laugh:

i was jogging (w/ my hubbby at my side to protect me) up and down the strip!!:noway: :noway: hubby saw "it" before i did.:laugh: he moved where he was jogging so he'd be between "it" and i, and quitely said to me, "stay calm". i searched the area for what he was referring to for a bit before i finally saw!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: great memory!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    :grumble: over eating was not a problem 4 me cause the food was too expensive.:grumble: :grumble:
  • oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    I was in Vegas last month. Here are my tips for fun trip that you wont regret when you get home:

* never take the moving sidewalks or escalators if you can help it. I went all weekend walking, and walking up tons of stairs and I know it made a huge difference

*let your self indulge, but don't go over borad. I let myself go crazy with one meal and one inpulse purchase. I resisted the Krispy Kreams and the Cold Stones, but I could not pass up the Itallian cafe and got a cappuccino and pastry. I made good meal choices and snack choices the rest of the time, but because I did let myself give in just a little I never felt deprived.

* take the monorail instead of cabs...much cheaper. we didn't discover this until our last day there and kicked our selves

*have lots of fun and be safe
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    :drinker: Thanx everyone who replied! I'm gonna splurge on 2 meals in the 5 days I'm there & try to be moderate the rest of the time. I know I'm gonna end up drinking a lot (cuz once I get going my crazy side comes out), so that worrys me a little. But, it is vegas. Plus, we aren't taking any alternate forms of transportation. We are walking everywhere, so that'll get me some exercise. I'll report the damage when I get back. Wish me luck
  • oregonlady
    :drinker: Thanx everyone who replied! I'm gonna splurge on 2 meals in the 5 days I'm there & try to be moderate the rest of the time. I know I'm gonna end up drinking a lot (cuz once I get going my crazy side comes out), so that worrys me a little. But, it is vegas. Plus, we aren't taking any alternate forms of transportation. We are walking everywhere, so that'll get me some exercise. I'll report the damage when I get back. Wish me luck

yes,
    good luck in vegas!
    and have fun!
This discussion has been closed.