walking

Options
i'm going to walk an hour a day and watch what i eat too and how long will it take to pour the pounds off

Replies

• ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    it depends on how fast you walk and how much you eat. I can tell you that getting in 10,000 steps every day will get you between 200-500 calories per day based on how intense you walk. So, if you burn about 300 calories walking, and eat 200 calories less each day, you will lose 1 pound a week.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Yep, keep it above 3.5mph, do some inclines (walk outside, up and down hills) and you'll do awesome. I tend to go for 73 minutes with my dog, and my butt is twitching by the time I get home. Good Luck!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    On average, I burn about 100 calories per mile, either running or walking...I just get through it faster running. I do about 18 miles on average per week...walk on lifting days and run on non lift days...so roughly 1,800 calories or about 1/2 Lb per week weight loss. I also do strength training 3x weekly which gives me about 300 calories or so...so 2,100 calories total in exercise...just over 1/2 Lb per week (.6 Lbs roughly)...I make up the rest with a calorie deficit.