Take II

Options
Hello,

I am a 41 year old wife, mother, step-mother & for the first time a "stay at home" house keeper. (now that the kids are teenagers & older..lol)

Last summer I started MFP and lost almost 80 pounds. I loved it, everything was so easy and I was tracking both my food and daily exercise! I was motivated by my upcoming reconstruction DIEP Flap surgery post my battle with breast cancer. In this particular surgery they were removing my lower belly roll (that I can't remember ever not being there) and creating 2 new breasts from my own tissue. This left me worried about my back fat and other problem areas, not knowing what I would look like after. I worked it pretty hard and was feeling so good! BUT, of course after my surgery I've used every excuse to do nothing (even considering I lost my job then too) needless to say, I gained 30 pounds back and didn't want to see the MFP message if I entered my new heavier weight, so I started a new account and am ready to get back on track! It's still damp and cold in Northern WI (and a snow storm warning tonight) so I am at least starting with the food tracking. I did not utilize this portion of my account/app so interested to see how this goes.

So, in a nutshell, I am taking ownership for my weight gain AGAIN (been a struggle all my life but the steroids during chemotherapy left me heavier than ever!) Here's to the future! . . .

Replies