A Great NSV (though a bit TMI)

Options
I haven't had my period in years. I was unsure as to what it was, though with some googling I found out that it was most likely due to my obesity. After losing just a little weight (15 pounds), things are functioning the way that they were meant to once again!

I never thought I'd see the day that I would celebrate seeing my period again after years, but here I am doing just that. Hahaha. (It also explains my random mood swings yesterday BLUH!)

Replies

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Just be glad that you got your period and not a toilet baby. This NSV is the beginning to most of the "I didn't know I was pregnant" episodes. They almost always have "stomach pains" then go to the bathroom either at home or at the hospital, and wham: baby. They didn't know they were at risk because they never had a period! How is that for luck?
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I am saying this..Congrats on getting your period! Keep up the good work!
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    why didn't you goto the doctor and find out what was wrong? :S
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options
    I have the opposite problem - Ever since I started to "diet" and lose weight, my period has been more unpredictable than me when Im on my period haha. It used to be heavy and last for a week, now it's light and lasts for 3 days, IF it even happens.. I still haven't had my March "visitor".. Im not really complaining though.
  • LittleDoodlePoodle
    LittleDoodlePoodle Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    lilawolf, you are HILARIOUS! I love toilet baby stories! Can we be friends?!
  • swagtier
    swagtier Posts: 53
    Options
    @lilawolf: Omg. I knew someone was going to make a pregnant comment!!! I almost said "I never thought I'd be happy to see my period" but then I knew the "then you've never had a pregnancy scare" comments would come in :)

@rayvynn5374: I know!! Lol I never thought I'd be happy about it either. Thank you.

@peopletalk: I can't afford to pay $100 for a checkup just to have the doctor tell me that I'm not having it because I'm too fat. I knew the reason, I knew it was just a matter of losing weight. And here we are.

@aberc: I'm interested to see how it changes from here on out honestly, hahahaha.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    sorry, i'm a canadian. lol i forget about health care not being free.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!