please help explain this

pillboy
pillboy Posts: 28
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
hi folks can anyone shed some light on this please,i am trying to lose 2 pounds a week through my mfp plan i weigh myself every fortnight yesterday was my weigh in and had lost 6 pounds which i am very happy about,i went a bit mad with my cals yesterday and went 500 over,anyway dont ask me why but i got up early today to do a 5 mile run and went on the scales i could not believe it when it said i had put 4 pound back on,to say its disheartened me is a under statement anyway i still did my run

so guys whats going on?

Replies

• Shannoncore
    Shannoncore Posts: 135
    alot of it is water weight. when you went over in your calories did you intake alot of salt or sodium? because that makes you retain water and water is very heavy. wait your two weeks and weigh your self again. also with your female cycle and all the hormones make you retain water too.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    I agree - it's probably mostly water and depending on whether or not you eliminated this morning - it could just be waste hanging around in your colon. On any given day our bodies can fluctuate considerably. Yesterday morning I weighed 5 lbs less than I did last night... but this morning I'm back down again. If I ate a lot of salt today and didn't drink my water though - there's a good chance that I'll be up 4 or 5 lbs tomorrow morning.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    hi folks can anyone shed some light on this please,i am trying to lose 2 pounds a week through my mfp plan i weigh myself every fortnight yesterday was my weigh in and had lost 6 pounds which i am very happy about,i went a bit mad with my cals yesterday and went 500 over,anyway dont ask me why but i got up early today to do a 5 mile run and went on the scales i could not believe it when it said i had put 4 pound back on,to say its disheartened me is a under statement anyway i still did my run

so guys whats going on?
    Being a male I doubt it's anything to do with PMS:tongue: , but humans weight does vary through out the day, best to pick a day each week and stick to that so you don't lose your mind when the scale tells you something different each day.:wink: - It takes 3500 cals to actually put on a real pound so you didn't actually gain that weight. Try again in a week and you'll likely get a better idea on the real weight your body is at!:wink:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I always gain water weight if I eat bad (lots of fat and sodium). The good news is it'll be gone in a few days. Just keep up with the eating right and running. You'll be fine.
  • Sally_92
    Sally_92 Posts: 17
    alot of it is water weight. when you went over in your calories did you intake alot of salt or sodium? because that makes you retain water and water is very heavy. wait your two weeks and weigh your self again. also with your female cycle and all the hormones make you retain water too.

this is probably the likely reason. It also depends on the time of day you weighed yourself, if you'd eaten/drank anything, clothes you were wearing in comparison to the last time you weighed in.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member

this is probably the likely reason. It also depends on the time of day you weighed yourself, if you'd eaten/drank anything, clothes you were wearing in comparison to the last time you weighed in.
    But the fact that pillboy is male doesn't really jive with the 'femaile cycle and hormones' part........:tongue:
  • Shannoncore
    Shannoncore Posts: 135
    i am sorry for some reason i assumed it was a girl. my bad :(
This discussion has been closed.