No longer can go to the gym...need advice

Options
My husband and i are going to be buying our first house this summer. We have mutually agreed to tighten our purse strings so that we can reach our goal. That means cutting out any extra spending, which means my beloved gym membership has been cut. It has been probably 3 weeks since my last day, and I tell you what, I just feel lousy. I have no clue how to get my butt motivated at home. I live with my inlaws and brother and sister and law and their 2 young kids. Working out in front of the tv is just too embarrassing with all those people in the house. Where I live, there is still at least 6-8 inches of snow on the ground with temps barely cracking 32. I just feel absolutely stuck and lazy. Ive tried getting up early before I go to work to work out, but that would mean working out at like 4am...which is sooo hard!! Im guessing I probably just have to suck it up and get my butt up early to work out. I just felt the need to vent it out to my MFP friends!!

Replies

• ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Do you have any indoor malls that you can go and walk around in at night? How about doing some walking while you are at work? If you work on floor above the first floor, take the steps down or even up! What type of job do you have? Maybe there are things to do at work to get some exercise in! Just a suggestion
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You know, I kind of thought about this as an option. Its not a horrible idea really. Problem is, the mall in our town is mega little. I would probably have to make 50 laps or some crazy thing like that. But, at least it would do the job until the weather gets a little nicer. and gets me out of the house!!