Any nutritional changes I should make?

Options
davypr86
davypr86 Posts: 145 Member
I've made my diary public. Any recommendations on changing my eating habits are welcomed.

Replies

• 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I would eat more protein. It will help you stay satisfied longer. Also, watch sodium intake, which is extremely hard to do if you eat on the go/out.
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Way too much fast food and processed foods.
    Try more homemade food- make it ahead in big batches and bring it with you in little tupperware containers.
    You need more greens- try sauteeing greens like collards, kale, chard, spinach in some olive oil with garlic, give it a dash of lemon and soy sauce- so delicious!!!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You should definitely try to cook your foods. You tend to go over your sodium intake quite a bit.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    Weeeeellllll. You have left yourself open. :smile:

Obviously you can see your downfalls. Too much sodium and sugar, and low on protein.

The best thing you can do is stop eating out. And stop buying deli foods. I know, I know. You have to learn to cook.

You'll like it, I promise. Start watching cooking shows. If you have Netflix, search for Gordon Ramsey. He has the most entertaining personality. Just do it.

You know. Study and learn.

Chicks love a man who cooks. So do guys, if you play for that team.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    holy sodium batman that will df slow you down eat more all natural ffod and less processed and premade foods you will see a huge change without actually having to cut a lot of calories. Drink a lot of water as well it really helps flush all that out. but seriously try to cut back a bit
  • orkyokomjs_mom
    Options
    bump
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Lose the Velvetta, that does not even resemble food.

I agree you should try to cook, but not everyone will do that. If you could try once or twice a week, that would be really good. If not, try to eat food that is as close to actual food as possible. Which brings me back to....no more chemical and oil "cheese" products. Lose the Velvetta! Please.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Sodium, by golly you will turn into a salt man, reduce your sodium intake to at least 2500 daily. Too much take out food. Eat more real protein, like black lentils, very easy to cook, sauteed with onion, tomatoes and bell peppers served with chicken/fish.

Chick Pea curry served with basmati rice (or rice of your choice) or even chicken/fish curry. You need to be able to control the salt in your food, eating out will not give you that option. Homemade black beans with chicken and a salad.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    as others have said, the sodium is a huge issue. you should really think about incorporating more whole foods and ditching all that processed crap...

and increase the protein by 30g or so and cut down those carbs.
  • davypr86
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice. I'll work on this.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I looked at today and yesterday of your food diary. I didn't see fruits and vegetables. Do you have something against them?
  • davypr86
    Options
    I looked at today and yesterday of your food diary. I didn't see fruits and vegetables. Do you have something against them?

Not at all. I had lettuce and tomato today. Yesterday I ate a banana and a tomato with dinner.

But I admit I should increase them.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

Not at all. I had lettuce and tomato today. Yesterday I ate a banana and a tomato with dinner.

But I admit I should increase them.

Significantly. Iceberg lettuce doesn't count either. It's just water. ;)