Would this work while bulking?

Options
Hey, I'm planning on starting a 2-3 month bulk soon as I've hit my weight loss goal for this cut. This will be my first bulk and I am wondering if anyone knows if this would work to counter fat gained while bulking. Instead of having 1-2 rest days a week I would 1-2 low calorie days (1800-2000) and do about 1-2 hours of light walking/cycling. The other 5-6 days a week would be high calories (2700-3200 depending on how far I am into the bulk) with 1-2 hours of strength training a day. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Replies

• Visique
    Visique Posts: 23
    Options
    You really cant counter fat gains while bulking......its inevitable but you can minmize the fat gained by clean bulking. Hope that makes sense. Try this...during my bulk my coach had me do 20 mins of cardio immediately after every lift session at 12 incline at 3.2 speed. That along with a pretty clean diet help me keep my bf low.
  • sidegrinder
    sidegrinder Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I dont think 2 or 3 months is long enough for much of a bulk.
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    So here's a suggestion: don't "bulk". If you want to add more muscle while staying reasonably lean then cut down on your cardio if you're doing any and stick to heavy compound exercises while keeping your workouts to an hour max. It's better to "free up" calories by doing less and improving recovery which will add less bodyweight but also less fat. Unless you're taking steroids you're not going to pack on 20-30 lbs of muscle. In fact if you'll probably add 2-5 lbs naturally and most of that will be lost if you have to diet a bunch of fat off afterwards. Why not slowly add 5-10 fairly lean pounds and since you'll be able to drop the excess inside of a month while keeping all of your actual gains?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You really cant counter fat gains while bulking.

This.

Have you read this article?
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Cheers for all the advice guys :) all taken into consideration and I'm just going for a normal bulk now :)