Replies

• Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • lorieaucoin
    lorieaucoin Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe on foodnetwork.come for this (I tweaked it a bit so it didn't have so much fat) and it turned out SO good. Even my husband agrees that it's delicious and he's a food snob lol. I've been missing my mashed potatoes and this is an awesome substitute.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • lorieaucoin
    lorieaucoin Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Here's what I use to make my cauliflower pizza crust. I like this recipe versus some others I've seen because it doesnt have a big eggy flavor to it.

1 cup Grated RAW Cauliflower
    1/4 cup Egg Beaters or 1 large egg
    1/2 cup or 2 oz 2% Reduced Fat Three Cheese Mexican Blend
    1/8 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp basil (optional)
    minced garlic to taste (optional)

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
    Mix the ingredients together until blended well, then spoon it onto parchment paper (on a cookie sheet).
    Spread it out to the size of a dinner plate (or rectangeles or whatever shape you want)
    I make mine thin, but not SUPER thin, usually approx 1/2 inch thick or slightly less. The thinner the crust, the less likely it will be soggy.
    Bake for 25-30 minutes, then lift the edges and carefully flip the crust over. Bake another 10-15 minutes unti the edges are brown and crisp.

Top with whatever toppings you want and bake until the cheese is melted.
    I usually do 4-6 pizzas from one good sized head of cauliflower, then freeze them for quick individual meals.
    Bake

Edited to add:
    I like to blend my own tomatoes so that there's no extra added junk, then top with turkey pepperoni and spinach, and mozerella cheese.

I'll have to try this. Thanks for posting!