Any Cosplayers/Nerds/Gamers/Anime Peeps here?

Options

Replies

• Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    Ohh Me Me!! I am working on a Lulu (FFX) cosplay right now as well as a Tardis one... So many belts LOL. There are a lot of cosplays that I would love to do but I don't feel fit enough and yes it it a big motivator!!

Never cosplay before, but went to Dragon*con two years ago and loved it. Getting fit so I can go as Luge Cage this year.

A fellow Whovian
  • lovelymrsbasham
    Options
    I've always been interested in cosplay but never done it :o I am a bit of a gamer though :D And I'm definitely a nerd....so yep I think I fit the description :3
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Aside from my furry fox outfit and fetish, not into that weird stuff.
  • Shimegami
    Options
    Anime/game here. I also need to fit back into my cosplays, haha, hence this site. My Kaitou Kid cosplay was sewn when I was much slimmer and I really want to fit back into it.
  • Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    OOH! OH OH OH MEEEEE!

I'm going to Anime Boston next month, and I'm going as Summoner Yuna! I'm SOOOO excited!

The worst part, though, is that I made the costume last year... IT DOESN'T FIT ANYMORE. D:
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    The reason why I'm getting into shape is to fit into my spandex Ultimate Comics Spider Man suit (Miles Morelas) lolz
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    We're around > , >
  • slavaheroyam
    Options
    Right here!
    I normally cosplay Ukraine from Axis Powers: Hetalia, but I've been branching out some with a genderbent pinup Heavy from TF2 and I've been thinking about doing Catherine from the video game (skimpy skirts and bustiers are scary things, though.)
    I'm going to be gone for a good chunk of con season this year, but I've really been wanting to do a fem Bilbo Baggins, possibly a Mami Tomoe from Madoka costume, and Emma from Harvest Moon.
    Plus, don't get me started on Star Trek costumes.

Oh! I did almost make a Hulk costume, but I didn't go to Otakon last year so I missed out.

But yeah, I'm mostly a cosplayer. Sadly enough.
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Why would adults play games and watch anime?:indifferent:
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Why would adults want to read books? Watch movies? Watch TV? It's entertainment. I'm an avid reader, but I can say honestly that I've learnt a lot more from games and had more personal, meaningful experiences with them due to the interactivity.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Because both are awesome :D

I'm all the above and love it! :)
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of anime or comic books. I'm a "classical" nerd in the sense that my passions revolve around science and technology, I make my living doing what I love, and I enjoy reading and thinking about the future.
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of anime or comic books. I'm a "classical" nerd in the sense that my passions revolve around science and technology, I make my living doing what I love, and I enjoy reading and thinking about the future.

Addendum: part of the reason I want to get into shape is that I am an extropian at a very core level, and being healthy is a very important component to that.

Lifting heavy ****, moving quickly, and looking good are just icing on the proverbial cake.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Anime/video game nerd here! I have never cosplayed, but would like to give it a try once I get all the weight off.
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I'm going to ACen and while I won't be at my goal weight by then, I'll at least be less "fluffy" for my cosplays, which rather demand fitness. I've been thinking about going to Dragoncon too, which would be great motivation to work towards.

I'm definitely being Michael Jackson again, who as we all know was skinnier than a mo-fo, lol. I'm quite jealous of his graceful sinewy-ness. I've also been wanting to cosplay T-elos from Xenosaga and her costume is hella revealing.
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Why would adults want to read books? Watch movies? Watch TV? It's entertainment. I'm an avid reader, but I can say honestly that I've learnt a lot more from games and had more personal, meaningful experiences with them due to the interactivity.

^ This.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    RPGer/online gamer/Fantasy novel fan here.
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Nerd/gamer/anime. . and never got into Cosplay . .wouldn't mind . .but I live in MT. . so we don't have any thing good here :o(
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Gah! I ♥♥♥ anime and cosplaying! Well, I wish I could cosplay, right now I'm too fluffy. But I plan on going to a convention next January and hope to be in better shape by then so I can!
  • sidewinder76
    Options
    Yep, nerd right here, love playing rpg games, building computers, even a buy oof mission building and writing scripts .