I was doing so great and then....

Options
I was doing so great! I was doing the 30 day shred and then some how hurt my hip, so bad that I could barely walk or stand. The past two days I have been so down that I can't work out that I turned to food for comfort. I feel huge and disgusting now. I feel like I'm never going to be able to workout as strenous as I was. I was almost done with 30 day shred. Level 3 day 3....only 7 days from completing this. Just feeling like a failure right now. Could use some encouragement. Anyone else get injured and was able to get back to your workout eventually?

This was my progress when I was still in level 2 I had lost 7 lbs but not sure on inches. Didn't get pictures for level 3 yet.
10042_889689932794_1791037507_n.jpg

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Ok honey, I creeped on your page. You're 27. You look great BTW! Thankfully you'll heal pretty quick.

I am 44 and I'm in martial arts. I have managed in my lifetime to twist both ankles, break a collarbone, blow a knee (not totally, thankfully), I also have issues with my hips and back...and I'm STILL pretty active.

When my joints start giving me a fit, I found taking gelatin capsules (2 in the morning, 2 at lunch and 2 in the evening) lessens the duration of the pain.

Also, Ibuprofen and ice are my friends. :D

You will overcome. :D
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Relax! You'll exercise again... just don't push it now or it will take longer to recover. Amazing results BTW!