What are my best options for losing belly fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Along with adding cardio ... you should add weight lifting. Build muscle to increase your metabolic rate.

Lifting weights and building muscle is a great idea however the amount your metabolism increases from each lb of muscle added is basically meaningless.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    From everything I've read, to lose belly fat you must cut out all the white foods; White bread, rice, sugar, pasta, potatoes, flour.

Whole grain bread is OK, but the refined white foods turn to sugar and go around the middle. Sweet potatoes are great for you, as is whole grain brown rice. And Yep!! no beer!
  • PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options
    Random list? I cut those things out because they turn into sugars inside the body.

Nearly everything you eat turns into sugar inside the body....
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Almost same stats here with same goals...

modest calorie deficit (I'm about 1/2 Lb per week). Strength Training. Some HIIT sprints 1-2 times weekly...maybe a little recover cardio on your lift days. Here's basically what my routine looks like.

Cardio:

A - 3 mile Run
    B- Sprint HIIT

Strength 3x5:

A - Squats, Bench, Dead-lift, Bosu pushups, Pull-ups, core work
    B - Squats, OH Press, BB Rows, Pull-ups, Dips, core work

So it looks like...

Week 1:
    Mon - Cardio A
    Tues - Strength A (maybe a 30-45 minute walk sometime during the day)
    Wed - Cardio B
    Thurs - Strength B (walk)
    Fri- Cardio A
    Sat - Strength A (walk or cycle)
    Sun - rest but generally active

Week 2:
    Mon - Cardio B
    Tues - Strength B (walking)
    Wed - Cardio A
    Thurs - Strength A (walking)
    Fri - Cardio B
    Sat - Strength B (walking)

And so on and so forth...

Having your diet in check and strength training are 1A and 1B important.

Has this routine been working on your belly fat? This is my main area of concern, it has gone down a lot, but I am happy with my arms/back/legs/butt and extremely UNHAPPY with my belly. I have been looking for a better way to organize my s trength and cardio so that I dont over do it on any one day and end up NOT working out the following day. Just wondering if this has been working for you
  • lukedwr
    lukedwr Posts: 16
    Options
    From everything I've read, to lose belly fat you must cut out all the white foods; White bread, rice, sugar, pasta, potatoes, flour.

Whole grain bread is OK, but the refined white foods turn to sugar and go around the middle. Sweet potatoes are great for you, as is whole grain brown rice. And Yep!! no beer!

Reasonably good advice, as whole foods (unprocessed) are better for a few reasons, but highlighted points are just wrong
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Almost same stats here with same goals...

modest calorie deficit (I'm about 1/2 Lb per week). Strength Training. Some HIIT sprints 1-2 times weekly...maybe a little recover cardio on your lift days. Here's basically what my routine looks like.

Cardio:

A - 3 mile Run
    B- Sprint HIIT

Strength 3x5:

A - Squats, Bench, Dead-lift, Bosu pushups, Pull-ups, core work
    B - Squats, OH Press, BB Rows, Pull-ups, Dips, core work

So it looks like...

Week 1:
    Mon - Cardio A
    Tues - Strength A (maybe a 30-45 minute walk sometime during the day)
    Wed - Cardio B
    Thurs - Strength B (walk)
    Fri- Cardio A
    Sat - Strength A (walk or cycle)

Week 2:
    Mon - Cardio B
    Tues - Strength B (walking)
    Wed - Cardio A
    Thurs - Strength A (walking)
    Fri - Cardio B
    Sat - Strength B (walking)

And so on and so forth...

Having your diet in check and strength training are 1A and 1B important.

Has this routine been working on your belly fat? This is my main area of concern, it has gone down a lot, but I am happy with my arms/back/legs/butt and extremely UNHAPPY with my belly. I have been looking for a better way to organize my s trength and cardio so that I dont over do it on any one day and end up NOT working out the following day. Just wondering if this has been working for you

You should read this:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/weighttrainingsimplified

Actually...you all should.