Paleo

Options
I've started eating the Paleo way and I was wondering if anyone else has done this and had success. I mean like really overweight people that need to lose or needed to lose 100+ lbs.

Replies

• ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    my mom is on it and was seeing success until she started making muffins and pancakes that were still "paleo" but it kick started the cravings that she had almost completely lost, while just having veggies, fruit, and protein. So i would stay away from those grain free baked goods. but other then that you should do great!

I would also consider adding in legumes/beans if you feel comfortable doing so. They are extremely healthy foods, and it makes me furious that some paleo regimes don't include them. (what did our ancestors not have beans?... makes no sense)
  • SusanRathburn
    SusanRathburn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I started eating a modified Paleo diet in January. I've lost 25 pounds so far and have a long way to go to goal. We eat eggs, a little dairy and a little cheese along with meats, seafood, poultry, fresh fruits and veggies, but we usually don't eat grains of any kind and very little processed food. We limit the carbs pretty severely.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I consider my diet more primal than paleo, but I do think it can be effective in weight loss provided one eats at a deficit. Certainly it is much more healthy than the standard American diet. De-emphasizing carbs has made a tremendous difference in my health. Because I have diabetes, I do limit fruits and honey.
  • ang3li
    ang3li Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have been eating paleo-style for a while, not completely paleo, but loads of meat, veggies, sweet potato, eggs, fruit and nuts.

I would suggest that you look to Robb Worlf (google him) if you want to find proof that it works - and let me tell you, it does!

For me, i feel so much better being paleo, my stomach is less bloated, i have more energy. I just feel generally better.

Anyway, there is a lot more proof on google. Sorry couldn't be of more help but i love the paleo lifestyle =)
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I ate this way for a week and put on 2 kilos. I was not counting calories though so what I suggest is if you are going to eat this way continue to count calories as well. Good luck