Options
Has anyone downloaded this running app?
It looks like it would be a lot of fun!
Have you enjoyed this app?

Replies

• babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I love it. They are coming out with Zombies, Run 2 on the 16th of this month. I am excited.

Also, if you are just starting out. Look into the c25k program they have.
  • MissBellatrix116
    MissBellatrix116 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm doing their 5k run trainer, 4 weeks in. I love it! Highly reccomend!
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Should I get zombies, run! or the zombies run 5k version?

I really dislikes c25k but really want to run haha
  • lizpirate
    lizpirate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This app is awesome! I started with the regular then have been doing the C25K app for the story. It's a great way to get up to running a 5K if you aren't there or to gain endurance if you are (I've been using it as an endurance builder--jog when it says walk, sprint/run when it says jog).

There's a group on myfitnesspal for Zombies, Run! enthusiasts: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6558-zombies-run-group
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    If you don't have this app when you run, how would you know when you are about to be over run by a hoard of zombies?
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have both Zombies! Run and Zombie 5K. I was pretty far into Zombies! Run when I got injured and am reahabbing my knee on Zombie 5K.

The Z5K is a little different than the other C25K's I have seen. At times they will have you stop during the days exercise and do some heel lifts, or 1/2 squats. I don't think this is BAD and probably actually helps with your strength.

I haven't found any MAJOR bugs in Z5k, but once it forgot to tell me to walk and I ran extra. Once it said only 1 min left in this run, then let me run for 2 1/2 min. I think they are minor considering 1) then number of workouts and 2) the story line.

Each workout is different. Sure, in a given week you do the same workout 3 times, like every other C25k program, but in Z5K there is a different story for EVERY workout, so you don't get bored.

You have access to ZombieLink where you can view all your stats on your runs. It's pretty cool.

The one thing I don't like is while I am in the middle of a workout, I can't see what is coming next. I can't go, "Oh, after this 30 second walk there will be a 5 min run." Not a big deal at all, but it would be nice.

I give the Z5K a solid B+. Buy it if you like to have more than a voice telling you, "Run.... Walk... Run...."
  • Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    oh this sounds like something that will get me running :)
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    It's brilliant. :)

I downloaded it only last week but did 5 days running after each other just to get into the story. Of course you still need to do the running yourself but there's that shock you get when you suddenly hear 'RUN! Zombies are after you". I notice I speed up instinctively due to the tone of voice (and good voice acting) before mentally realizing there's no actual zombies or anything else behind me.

I'm also doing the 5k (doing a bit of both apps) and I loved the piece where in the story you're training on the base (so zombie free) and the doctor comes up and says somethign like 'Run! pretend there's zombies behind you. bahwaaahewwa zombies baahaweazm (bad zombie sound)"
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's brilliant. :)

I downloaded it only last week but did 5 days running after each other just to get into the story. Of course you still need to do the running yourself but there's that shock you get when you suddenly hear 'RUN! Zombies are after you". I notice I speed up instinctively due to the tone of voice (and good voice acting) before mentally realizing there's no actual zombies or anything else behind me.

I'm also doing the 5k (doing a bit of both apps) and I loved the piece where in the story you're training on the base (so zombie free) and the doctor comes up and says somethign like 'Run! pretend there's zombies behind you. bahwaaahewwa zombies baahaweazm (bad zombie sound)"

Let me tell ya, when it's dusk and I'm running past the cemetary and the app does that zombie "bahwwwwheewwwwaaaaaa" thing, I SWEAR I could motor past Usain Bolt!
  • floodedlungs
    Options
    Totally gonna get this when my phone gets fixed. Now this sounds like something that would actually help me run more.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    It's brilliant. You're using your imagination to drive you on so much more than 'and now walk' 'and now'.

You won't regret it at all.