Should I change my daily activity level now that I won't be

Options
I am a graduate student studying Physical Therapy, and my semester just ended. I had myself as "sedentary" on MFP because the majority of my days, including weekends, was spent either sitting in class, or in the library studying. My semester just ended, and now I go to do my clinical affiliation (basically an internship) at an outpatient PT office. I will be treating patients, moving around with them, on my feet most of the day. Should I update my physical activity level?

I started MFP trying to lose 1.5 pounds/week at a sedentary lifestyle, which allowed me 1200 + my exercise calories. I recently decided to change it to 1 pound/week (still at a sedentary lifestyle) which now allows me 1310 + my exercise calories. I looked at what my calories would be if i made my activity level to Light physical activity, and it would be 1450 + my exercise calories.

It makes sense to change my physical activity level right? Or should I just leave it and see if i keep losing? Or if I start getting hungrier during the day I can increase it? Not sure how I do this...

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Change it and see what happens. You can always change it back.
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    How do you like PT school? I am currently an undergrad and am considering physical therapy for a future career! It's seems like a great field to get into. Did you find the prerequisites to be difficult? I hear it's hard to get into PT school- did you have a hard time getting in where you wanted to go?