anyone heard of the potato diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Not heard of it..sounds like **** in my opinion.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    silly fad!

though potatoes are a great carb and the WHO thinks it may be a good thing if it replaced rice as a staple in parts of the third world, with climate change impacting on rice crops and potatoes being so damn good for you.

but, while there's nothing wrong with making it your staple carb (better than sliced white by a long way!) any diet that cuts out food groups is going to stop you getting what you need.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I thought that diet was only a prank on april 1st.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    mrpotatohead_zps6b847225.gif

I would follow this guy's example. ^^

Strength training and eat at a modest calorie deficit.
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the pototae cleanse
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but I can say this much. Unless you want to do that forever, I wouldn't recommend it. The minute you stop, all that weight will probably come right back, possibly even worse. Its best and healthiest to just lose weight slowly through eating well & exercising.

This is completely true. These FAD diets do not last for long. That person that lose 70lbs will probably gain more than that once she returns to normal eating
  • eag264
    eag264 Posts: 116
    Options
    This is completely true. These FAD diets do not last for long. That person that lose 70lbs will probably gain more than that once she returns to normal eating

It's crazy but she's maintained it off for 2 years, go figure.