Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

hi

krklstephi
krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
edited 10:21PM in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm pretty new to myfitnesspal. I have been here for about 2 weeks, and I really like it. I was doing weight watchers and counting points, but I really like having somewhere that I can go in and enter what I ate and exercise and it calculates it for me. It helps me be accountable for what I am eating. I have a long way to go before I reach my goal weight. Would love to make some friends on here to help me through this long journey. I need to lose about 190 lbs. Im doing it one day at a time. I started my weight loss journey a year ago and have lost 40 pounds in that first year. However, I know I can lose more than that in a year because I ended up quitting for about 4 months. Luckily, I only gained 5 lbs in those 4 months.
So, a little about me (other than weight) I am a single mom of an 8 year old boy with ADHD and Asperger's Syndrome. I am unemployed, but in school full time online so I can be there for my son when he needs me. I am getting my Master's Degree in Psychology. I look forward to meeting you and continuing on this weight loss journey with you. :)

Replies

• Hello!!! My name is Sherry and I too have been using Fitnesspal.com for about 2 weeks. I absolutely LOVE it! It really does help us be accountable for what we are eating. I have used WW in the past as well and had success losing about 50 lbs. But I drifted away and gained much of it back. Then in 2003 I went to my Dr for a checkup and he recommended the South Beach diet. I had great success with it as well, but I just could not make that diet a lifestyle change. Since then, of course I gained back. I always am conscious to a certain degree about what I eat, but of course it's easy to believe you only ate 3 oz of something when you really ate 6 or 8 oz. So, fitnesspal keeps me in line because I log on throughout the day and make sure of what I am eating! I have about 60 lbs to lose, and I know I can do this again!!!!
    You and I sound so much alike, except for the fact that my kids are grown. I have 4 kids, one of which is my 27 yr old daughter who has ADHD and I personally believe she suffers from Asperger's, although she doesn't believe it. Then again, she doesn't seem to recall the incidents that occurred with her when she was a little girl. And, I too am unemployed and in school online full time going for my Bachelor's in Psychology! My graduation target is May 15, 2011. I then want to go for my Master's a well. What school are you attending? I started with University of Phoenix but I transferred last year to Kaplan University. Well, good luck with school and with fitnesspal! Talk to you soon!
  • krklstephi
    krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
    Hi Sherry. My name is Stephanie. I attend the University of Phoenix. I received my Bachelors through them in 2008 in Human Services. I will be finished with school August 30 this year if I do not take any breaks. I may need one after this class. I have been taking my classes back to back with no breaks since Christmas and I think I need one for a mental break. It was nice meeting you :)
  • hayden7
    hayden7 Posts: 1
    hi, i am kinda new on myfitness.com. i do like it because i wasnt eating enough and it reminds me of what i need to eat. i started a year ago working out at a gym and with a trainer and have lost about 60lbs. i too have son that has aspergers syndrone (with adhd, sensory and speech). It can be very challenging; caring and teaching him, he is 7. i am too a single mom and work as a med tech. good luck
  • trollorbust
    trollorbust Posts: 18 Member
    Hi .. welcome!! I have been here for a while now. And I love it!! GOOD LUCK!!
This discussion has been closed.