Magnetic Weighted Hula Hoop?

Options
Anyone have one? whats your opinion? I've heard that they're a good "at home" exercise and only £8.49 on ebay - is it worth it?

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I have a normal weighted one and its brilliant. Great for working the core and burns lots of calories.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Go for it.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Who said it was good exercise?
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i just have a weighted one with bumps. never heard of a magnetic one. but yeah its good and it improves your core muscles
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    <---- You're looking at the 1991 key west boat marina hula hoop champion (pee wee level)...That being said I can't hula hoop anymore..My hips do lie :drinker:
  • broomnic
    broomnic Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    a friend said she could feel muscles aching after just one go and the reviews look good, just thinking of equipment that can be used at home to compliment my other workouts (gym & dance classes)
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    They do 'Powerhoop' classes at my gym, it was quite popular here in the UK for while, I think. I've never done them, it's not really my thing, to be honest, and I never was great at hula hooping.

However, I know quite a few people who have tried it, and said it is a good cardio workout, but then that's a class taken by an instructor, and haven't been able to keep it up for long as its quite painful on the hips and waist (and I've seen some pretty bad bruising from it!)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I think spending the money on a good body weight workout book, or keeping the money and checking out some exercise at home videos on youtube would be better investment.
    I'm yet to see anything other than anecdotes of people that have already invested time and money in them, or the people that are selling them.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I think spending the money on a good body weight workout book, or keeping the money and checking out some exercise at home videos on youtube would be better investment.
    I'm yet to see anything other than anecdotes of people that have already invested time and money in them, or the people that are selling them.

I don't sell weighted hoops. I don't sell anything actually :laugh: and I don't have any reason to write this other than it works for me.

I don't know anything about magnetic, but I purchased a regular 3 or 4# weighted hoop (I forget the actual weight, but that
    that's irrelevant). I found it to be good exercise that I could do at home, watching tv. My DH uses it most every morning too, about 30 minutes per day. I work up a good sweat, and get out of breath within the first 5-10 minutes.

It's legitimate exercise if it gets you up and moving. :drinker: Even better if you enjoy it enough to continue daily without it being a chore. I don't just hoop though, I walk & lift heavy. Before I got serious about weight training again, I used only the hoop. It tightened up all the muscles in my back (upper and lower) and trimmed my hips.
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If my first hoop lesson yesterday is any indication, it works parts of my body I didnt know I had lol Even as bad as I'm hurting this morning, this is something I definitely want to do more of. I don't know anything about magnetic hoops, but the one I use is about 3 pounds and 42 inches
  • slinky59
    slinky59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got one about a year ago, it definitely gives your belly a work out, takes time to learn to keep the hoop up but is worth persevering. think I am up to 10 minutes now without it dropping.
    You do get bruised on the ribs and legs if you over do it.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I certainly didn't expect all this hoopla.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Girls who can do serious holla hoop moves on the beach in bikinis are up there on the "this is seriously hot" list.

It's a seriously awesome and sexy skill. I prefer it over pole dancing.