Anyone looking for a protein powder - this is it!

Omg! Optimum Nutrition is seriously the best protein powder I have ever tried. I've had ON chocolate and vanilla for a while and just added banana cream... It is to die for! I was hesitant to switch out milk for water to save on calories, and it still tastes just as good with water! If not better!

I've tried other brands and seriously, nothing comes close. If anyone is looking to start protein shakes, definitely give this a try, I actually look forward to my two shakes a day, it's like a milk shake treat :)

Replies

• togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Optimum Nutrition do make some great products. My favourite is the extreme choc milk but the missus prefers the Choc Malt one. We usually put together a scoop of powder with a cup of milk and 8 ice cubes in the blender and blend. I have found that formula works well for most powders regardless of how good they are but you are right, those blends that Optimum Nutrition put together are pretty special. Have you ever added some banana or some mango or something to your shakes, I like doing that too, generally best with vanilla but sometimes...
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Bump... I'll have to try it!
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Optimum Nutrition do make some great products. My favourite is the extreme choc milk but the missus prefers the Choc Malt one. We usually put together a scoop of powder with a cup of milk and 8 ice cubes in the blender and blend. I have found that formula works well for most powders regardless of how good they are but you are right, those blends that Optimum Nutrition put together are pretty special. Have you ever added some banana or some mango or something to your shakes, I like doing that too, generally best with vanilla but sometimes...

yep definitely! I add frozen banana and or berries depending on flavour of protein. I also throw in some ice cubes now I'm mixing with water instead of milk. Delicious! My chocolate powder is also extreme choc milk. So good!
  • So glad you posted about this! I'd like to start a protein shake in the morning, do you have any experience with Herbalife products? I'm hesitant to try since they're a MLM company, but I've heard their mint chocolate chip is delicious and that their products are really nutritional. Is there really any discernable difference? I think I'll ad the ON to my list of things to try.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    So glad you posted about this! I'd like to start a protein shake in the morning, do you have any experience with Herbalife products? I'm hesitant to try since they're a MLM company, but I've heard their mint chocolate chip is delicious and that their products are really nutritional. Is there really any discernable difference? I think I'll ad the ON to my list of things to try.

The Syntrax Matrix Mint Cookie is awesome! It's also not a MLM and you can order it off amazon for about half the price as the Syntrax online store.
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    ON is very good, but I recently was turned on to Trutein protein powder. It's a matrix with whey, egg, and casein and is seriously the best tasting protein I've ever purchased. I have the vanailla and just ordered another container.

http://www.truscience.com/trutein.html