fat hating... what do you think of these two?

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I think that perhaps they need to work on their insides as well as their outsides. Not very pleasant seeming people.

That's as nicely as I can put it.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I don't see an issue with it.

Fat people hate on skinny people all the time, and no one cries foul. If a skinny person was to hate on a fat person, well then heaven forbid.

Maybe with a midset like that, more people will stop making excuses and actually do what needs to get done.
  • oregonzoo
    Options

Fat people hate on skinny people all the time, and no one cries foul. If a skinny person was to hate on a fat person, well then heaven forbid.

Maybe with a midset like that, more people will stop making excuses and actually do what needs to get done.

Thing is.. nobody should hate on anybody. Personally I get all up in arms when I see slender people shamed, I don't see why it's not a two way street.

Do I think people should make excuses, no. Do I really enjoy whiners, no. But whiners complainers and excuse makers come in all shapes and sizes and these two people are just doing work to create a larger divide between the "in shape" and "out of shape".
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone equally.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I think that it was front ended to be controversial and wrangle you into reading the article and gain an emotional connection to it in some way, but back ended with some solid advice about realizing that by taking care of yourself you are taking care of those around you, embracing the baby steps, staying focused because most people do experience negativity from family/friends along the way, etc. They seem to really be saying that the difference between fit and fat isn't a state of body, but a state of mind and that they only want to work with people who are willing to push through their own barriers and are committed to the work and to improving.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Thing is.. nobody should hate on anybody. Personally I get all up in arms when I see slender people shamed, I don't see why it's not a two way street.

Do I think people should make excuses, no. Do I really enjoy whiners, no. But whiners complainers and excuse makers come in all shapes and sizes and these two people are just doing work to create a larger divide between the "in shape" and "out of shape".

I get angry too when skinny's get slandered, but for some odd reason that's more acceptable then if a slender person was to shame a fat person. You see all the time on this site... Threads supporting the heavy, and making the thin seem like they are oddball sticks who will break if the wind blows the wrong way.

Yes "in shape" people whine and complain, but they get the work done because they know that's what needs to do be done in order to get/keep the results. "Out of shape" on the other hand, whine and complain and still do nothing. Maybe by people not supporting them, they will realize that only they can put in the work and cannot rely on every support under the sun to make them healthier.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    IBTL!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone equally.

*ahem
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    878307-sharniandjulius.jpg

Don't care about their views that much but they do just look really irritating.

10/10 on the punchable-face-o-meter.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I take issue with the comment that fat people hate on skinny. From my point of view that's a crock. Skinny people or others who see skinny, see healthy and that isn't necesarily true. I'm still heavy but I'd match my lungs with many skinny smokers anyday.
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    I take issue with the comment that fat people hate on skinny. From my point of view that's a crock. Skinny people or others who see skinny, see healthy and that isn't necesarily true. I'm still heavy but I'd match my lungs with many skinny smokers anyday.
    You must not post here often. I see it every day.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone equally.

This^^^ We all have a reason to hate everyone if we just look deep enough:)

I'd like to add that it's somewhat true that some overweight people don't really try to improve their weight situation. At least not the hard way. I had a cousin who wanted to get surgery and the doctor told her she wasn't big enough to get it so she went home and ate like a pig for the next 6 months so she could be big enough to get it! Who the hell does that? This was quite a few years ago, before they started making people try to lose some weight first.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    878307-sharniandjulius.jpg

Don't care about their views that much but they do just look really irritating.

10/10 on the punchable-face-o-meter.
    i was just too damn polite to point that one out.
    plastic smiles and faux confidence.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

You need to get out more if you don't think fat people hate on skinny people.

And let's not act like there's some kind of moral superiority in being overweight as opposed to being a smoker. You're both slowly killing yourselves.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    What's a dole bludger...that's what I want to know!
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    welfare queen/king.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Someone on welfare who abuses the system.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Looks like somebody's looking for a little public exposure if you ask me...
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Reading that made my Cheetos taste better.
    (I'm in the healthy body fat % range. Don't judge me =P)
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone equally.

Haha!