GPS watch

Options
Started running about 3 months ago to prepare for Pittsburgh Marathon on May 5th. I usually use Runtastic Pro to monitor my runs and count my calories, but with long runs (over 3 hours), combine that running on my phone plus music playing and battery life is minimal. Plus, I would love to just be able to look at a watch to tell my pace. Running the marathon in a month, it will be crucual to me to know my pace. I love running run/races/fun runs now, so this would be a great investment. I am also running in the DC Marine Corps Marathon in October...will anyone be joining me in Pittsburgh or DC?

So, I need suggestions for a good GPS/pace watch, or even a multi-function that does calories as well, and added plus would be if it syncs with MFP. $200 is probably highest I want to go.

Thanks for help!

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Garmin 210 with HRM is $249. WIthout HRM is right at $200. https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/cIntoSports-cRunning-p1.html

You can also see reviews of all your different options here: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I love having a GPS. I bought my Garmin Forerunner 205 on Craigslist for $35 and it works great. Kind of on the big side, but I don't mind.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I love my garmin. I got it for the same reasons you did... my phone just doesn't last over longer workouts, and a watch is FAR more convenient.

My Forerunner 610 was more than you want to spend, but some of their other models might be closer to your price range.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I use a Nike+ GPS Sport Watch with the Polar NIke+ HRM sensor. Works great, but doesn't sync with MFP so have to enter the data manually.

I love the fact that I can sync it to the Nike+ website without an additional device. The USB connecter is built into the band. It also recharges the watch's battery at the same time. I looked at some others but as far as I could tell this was the only one with a rechargeable battery, which is much handier than having to physically replace the battery.