Late in life moms

Options
2»

Replies

• rhiannontom
    rhiannontom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had my first daughter when I was 23, then my 2nd when I was 32 and 3rd when I was 34, I definatley noticed a difference in my fitness levels from when I had my 1st daugter when I was 23 (Size 12) to when I had my 3rd daughter when I was 34 (size 22). I'm now 46, (size 26) (my daughters are now 23, 14 & 11) and I am the oldest mum amongst my childrens friends, all the other mums are in their late 20's early 30's, So am in need of some inspiration to lose 70-85lb, though all the running around I do for them its wonder i'm not slimmer. Please feel free to add me as a friend, as i am also new to the MFP forum.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Hello,My kids are 26,24 and just turned 8.( with a 7 year old grandson who lives with me)

I'm 44 and even then it was noted that I was "of advanced maternal age".

Keeping up with the kids is what prompted me to lose 45 pounds 3 years ago.

You can add me if you'd like.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I had my first child at age 20, but my most recent baby was born when I was 39 (he's three months old now.) I kept exercising throughout pregnancy this time, and what a difference that made! I'll be 40 next month, and I believe I have more energy now than I did when I was 20. :wink:
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and I still don't have any plans to become a parent any time soon. I just started a new job and my husband is still climbing a big hill with his health issues, and I want to clear up a little more debt first. I feel like we'll never be ready, but I'd like to be as ready as possible.

I've already told my husband that if we only have one child, I'd be fine with that. He really wants to, but the older I get, the more I feel that if we have a kid, one is fine.

Here's the crazy thing - I want a kid, it's just logistically, the time period isn't right. Stupid?

No, Not stupid at all. I felt the same way & now I am 40. DH is working PT (32hrs) still trying to find a decent company to work for and decent wage. Be careful, time flies quickly. Good Luck!!
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused...

Why would you solicit for friends and then deactivate you account?

sigh...
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    OP and anyone else, I don't fit the bill, but I wanted to point out that there's a postpartum group of moms on here. I'm due shortly with baby #2, which is why I've joined the group in advance, but they are very nice and helpful. Even though you're not "freshly" postpartum, there are still moms like you with babies and young toddlers on there.

It's called Post-Partum Pack: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/639-post-partum-pack

Best wishes to you all!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused...

Why would you solicit for friends and then deactivate you account?

sigh...

Wish I had seen this first! Oh, well, maybe someone else will see and find what they need in that group.
  • lmbame905
    lmbame905 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a 16 year old, a 10 year old and a 15 week old. I'm 37 and started all over with a new husband (and subsequent pregnancy) last year. Before my wedding, I lost 55lbs and with my pregnancy, I gained over 70. I'm now trying to start all over and get back to where I was on my wedding day!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Do stay-at-home Dad's count? My Son just turned 2...I'll be 45 in June! He's the love of my life!

Of course they count! Your post made me smile. What a great Dad you must be!

Me too!!!
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I started a group for us. It's called Parenting Later 35+! Please join and feel free to start a discussion. I will post monthly fitness challenges too.

Here's the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13752-parenting-later-35
  • asouza369
    asouza369 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have one 22 and one 2...I had my little one at 42. It was a crazy surprise but she's the best. Losing the weight at this age is much harder but I'm trying. MFP has been great for me..helps alot!