McDonald's and Me

Options

Replies

• MysterriGal
    MysterriGal Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I work at McDonald's (Worst place to work to lose weight btw) And I think that is completely rediculous!!! Definitly ask for a manager! Be it rules may be different as I'm in Canada, but I think about 25% of the Happy Meals sold are for adults!!! They can't punish you for wanting a smaller portion... And the salads are hideous in reality. Sure its veggies and all, but the dressings are almost as bad as anything else there. When I eat at work its a grilled chicken wrap with only lettuce, and that one still kills on the sodium. No McDonalds is good McDonalds!
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    LOL......I was turned down from purchasing a Happy Meal before also! So I learned to go through the drive thru now. I think it's so stupid! But it works!
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I used to take my dog through the drive-thru at Burger King and get her a burger. Wonder what McD's would think of that? Seriously, what do they care who eats it as long as it's paid for?

I find this quite shocking. There's too much crap in those things for an adult, let alone a creature about 1/8 your size... probably 1/3 your size after a while if it was getting fed burgers. Still. :grumble:
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The thought of feeding a dog fast food sends shivers up my spine. That's awful.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    LOL We take our dog through the drive though for an ice cream cone. If you say "walk" or "ice cream" our dog is at the front door.

And before you come down on me about dairy and animals we only take him about 2 time out of the summer so a little ice cream cone won't hurt him
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options

Oh and here in California toys in happy meals are banned to help fight obesity. Honestly I think it's the parents fault if they choose to feed their children fast food.

(I'm in CA too) This really really ticked me off on so many levels!!! I take my kids to Mc D's MAYBE twice a flipping year, and If i do I better get that stupid toy!! You can't force people to make right choices! When we go I get one regular meal (because my kids never get fries any other time) and one with apples. I toss the caramel and split the apple and fries up between the two girls. But according to the new "rule" one of my meals wouldn't qualify for the toy. WTH!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options

Oh come on, spare me, dogs eat their own *kitten* for heaven's sake, and you get shivers from an odd hamburger.??..puuuhleaze!
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Oh come on, spare me, dogs eat their own *kitten* for heaven's sake, and you get shivers from an odd hamburger.??..puuuhleaze!

Theres probably more nutrition in its poop then in a hamburger. probably tastes better too!
    also. poop doesnt give diabetes, obesity and heart attacks!

I vote poop!
  • buttercupke
    buttercupke Posts: 33
    Options
    Okay I am a store manager at McDonald's I don't know where you went to get your food but there is NO age limit to getting a happy meal. If it was that big of a deal you still could have ordered what is called an All American Meal. Its a Hamburger Small Fry and Small drink. I completely understand what you mean about the calories at McDs. I have to eat there at least once a day if I don't take my food with me to work. I usually just a grilled chicken patty and side salad. Also another way to cut some of the calories is I know at my store if someone wants Apples or a Side Salad instead of fries we will sub for them I am not sure if all stores will do it but you could always talk to a manager and see.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    LOL We take our dog through the drive though for an ice cream cone. If you say "walk" or "ice cream" our dog is at the front door.

And before you come down on me about dairy and animals we only take him about 2 time out of the summer so a little ice cream cone won't hurt him
    :laugh:
  • SkinnyDR
    SkinnyDR Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just had an Angus Bacon & Cheese meal and I went over my calorie count already. One meal and that's it. First and last time I'll be ordering this.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

What I find most interesting about this whole thing is how we seem far more concerned about what we feed our dogs than what we feed ourselves, now that's SAD.:noway:

For someone that wouldn't feed their dog that type of food, is it really food you've never eaten yourselves? That's what I'm referring too.:wink:

edited to make it actually readable!:blushing: :bigsmile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    IDK what you other Californians are talking about. :noway: When I am in town visiting, I always take my nephew out to McD's, with my sister, and all three of us order Happy Meals so that my nephew can get three toys! We even ask at the counter to make sure we're getting three different toys. Nobody has ever told us we can't have toys, nobody has ever looked at me or my sister as if we are too old for a happy meal. Never a question, never a problem...
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    the good news is that after you eat healthier for a while you'll probably find that mcdonalds doesn't actually taste good at all....

i can only barely manage to eat their breakfast mcmuffin these days
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Okay I am a store manager at McDonald's I don't know where you went to get your food but there is NO age limit to getting a happy meal.

It's funny how the topic is divided about age limit for Happy Meals. Interesting how it is incorporated in some areas & not others. I live in Tampa Bay area, FL and the first time I was asked if the Happy Meal was for a child was about 12 years ago. I just about fell over.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    IDK what you other Californians are talking about. :noway: When I am in town visiting, I always take my nephew out to McD's, with my sister, and all three of us order Happy Meals so that my nephew can get three toys! We even ask at the counter to make sure we're getting three different toys. Nobody has ever told us we can't have toys, nobody has ever looked at me or my sister as if we are too old for a happy meal. Never a question, never a problem...

It's a new thing, and it might just be in my county.
  • imagymrat
    Options

Theres probably more nutrition in its poop then in a hamburger. probably tastes better too!
    also. poop doesnt give diabetes, obesity and heart attacks!

I vote poop!

and you would know that how?? I didn't find any nutrinonal values for dog poop on calorie king...hmmmmmm
  • imagymrat
    Options

What I find most interesting about this whole thing is how we seem far more concerned about what we feed our dogs than what we feed ourselves, now that's SAD.:noway:

For someone that wouldn't feed their dog that type of food, is it really food you've never eaten yourselves? That's what I'm referring too.:wink:

edited to make it actually readable!:blushing: :bigsmile:

I couldn't agree with you more. With all the posts about cool whip, pizza, jello, splenda, diet pop cakes, you name it, and it comes.down to i'd rather eat poop then a McD's hamburger...ridiculous. lol..but quite humurous..:laugh:
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    I run in to this at tons of places. Having had lap band surgery, I often get "kids" meals since I plain can't eat that much. If the restaurant gives me grief, I don't order anything and just share with my husband. They make less money and I still get fed.
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    Haven't been to a McDonalds this year but the last time I went I got a kids meal and for my drink ordered a regular coffee. Pretty sure they knew it was for an adult! No problem getting one for an adult in Ohio.