Frustrated...

Options
I am a little frustrated with my weight loss. I have lost 30 lbs prior to starting MFP but I currently can not get below 260 LBS. I started the C25K program little over a month ago and started on a 1510 calorie diet and logged when I could. I can see a slight difference in my face, sides and hips (from measurements I have lost about 5 inches around my waist) but there is no weight loss. I am running 3-5 times a week and try to take a walk on the other days or be active anyway I can.

Should I be doing something different? Any suggestions would be great.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Don't count on exercise for weight loss to start with. You need to figure out your BMR and eat over it. 1500 sounds too low for your weight and age. There's really no reason why you wouldn't be losing at 260 lbs unless you're over estimating exercise or under estimating food. Weight gets hard to lose as you get close to goal but unless you're 8 ft tall that shouldn't be the case.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You're seeing huge changes in your body going by your change in measurements. The scale lies. Because you have recently started exercise, you are probably retaining water due to your muscle repairing and increase in cortisol levels. Ignore the scale and keep doing what you are doing. Make sure you're giving yourself enough fuel to make it through your runs too (I'm losing at 1900 calories a day); be honest about your activity level and eat back at least half of your exercise calories if you aren't accounting for exercise in your activity level.