What to do about pre lunch grumblies?

Options
Okay so its almost lunch time here, I'm really feeling it. Totally grumbly belly and all. I sit here at a desk most of the day, not much I can do, can't leave the floor to find something to do. I'm chugging water but I'm supposed to stop half hour before I eat so I have 8 minutes before that limit is up. Sure would love to dive into some Breakfast to go right now for a quick sugar rush....UGH

Replies

• Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Plan better. Keep a small snack in your desk for halfway between breakfast and lunch. Allow for it in your calories and enjoy it.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I keep my lunch at my desk and eat when I'm hungry. Anything else is just silly.

If you can't eat at the desk, try a bigger, more protein breakfast. No sugar rush. That will just make it worse.
  • storm15918
    storm15918 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Plan better. Keep a small snack in your desk for halfway between breakfast and lunch. Allow for it in your calories and enjoy it.

Agreed! Snacks are the best. I usually have a snack between breakfast and lunch, lunch and dinner, and after dinner. It helps me from overeating at meal times and also curbs hunger long enough for me to eat my meals at reasonable times. I find that carrots are great for snacks, as well as most other vegetables probably. Peanuts are good too if you need some more fats in your diet.
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have my "breakfast" at 5:30 in the morning on the way to work my protein shake. then my snack my larabar and usually my nuts around 8:30 which usually keep me content until lunch time but today I'm starving.
  • storm15918
    storm15918 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hm. My only idea would be to switch up your snacks and find things that are super filling but not going to put your calories through the roof. I don't know what that would consist of, but I'm sure there are people here who do. I hope you find something that works for you though!
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was thinking at lunch about doing another protein shake especially since I "eat" so early in the morning my lunch isn't until almost noon sometimes. So 5:30am- noon is a long time, just a low calorie one like I do now, usually 90 calories and 15 grams of protein