What finally motivated you to stick with this?

Options
Is there one thing that finally motivated you, not only to start this journey, but to actually STICK with it?

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    What started my journey was my mother having medical issues due to her lack of activity over the last 30+ years and I did not want to follow in her footsteps
    \
    I stick with it because of the way I feel. the energy I never thought I would have, the body I only dreamed of.

I am planning on running a 5k this year...never in a million years would I have ever thought I would even WANT to do a 5k let alone be giddy about it.
  • kwitherspoon19
    kwitherspoon19 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A guy I used to date. He was the first man that ever made me feel unworthy and unattractive in a subtle way...after I was done with him I promised myself no one would ever make me feel that way again. So I started doing things that would allow me to love myself more...that was three months and nearly 25 lbs ago :)
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Losing my right kidney due to Renal Cell Carcinoma, confined to the right kidney no spreading thank God!!! Second chance in life............I knew it was time to make some serious life style changes!!!!!! So yes 27 lbs later, its become somewhat addicting and I love the energy that has come with it!!!!!!
  • bronze50
    bronze50 Posts: 4
    Options
    Last May, a friend and I went shopping for sundresses at a local store in our area. After making it all the way in the back to see the plus size selection compared to misses and juniors selections of sundresses, we grew disappointed and got frustrated. That was an a-ha moment for me. I had already began my weight loss journey but wasn't serious about it until after that happened. Since then, I've lost over 30 lbs and have about 25 more to lose before reaching my goal weight.