Weekends....

Options
I do so good durring the week, (well at least i try and excersise lol) but then weekends roll around and i have sooo much trouble staying on track and i dont even excersise at all either. I realize that i will never loose wieght if i keep this up, so HELP!! what do you guys do to stay on track on the weekends??

Replies

• enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Options
    I weigh in on mondays that way I know I have to stay on track throughout the weekend! Here is a link to a group of us that weigh in on mondays! Feel free to join us!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/89854-weight-loss-army

Erin
    SW 3/1/10- 241
    CW 5/3/10- 219
  • crispycream
    Options
    i try to excersise all week long and try to keep it a habbit so it will become natural to me ^^ and excerseing makes me happy so i tend to go walk insted of heading for chocolates to calm my nerves
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    I stay active... walking, cleaning, park, shopping...anything to keep me moving with out really working out I should say... the weekend is my time but I don't wanna be completely lazy....
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I join a yoga class on Saturday that seems to help me.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    If it's a problem for you then you need to plan it out...and stick to it. Keep up with your exercise and just committ to eating healthy and keeping on track, post a pic of you in a bikini on your fridge door, and everytime you goto get something to eat, that should help you make a better choice. You need to take hold of your eating, you're the only one who can control what you put into your mouth.
  • fietsdebbie
    fietsdebbie Posts: 37
    Options
    I also am looking for ideas. Week-ends are usually fairly scattered in our house with kid activities, husband's band / music rehearsing, and just social life that usually includes lots of yummy temptations. I do OK when we plan to go skiing or a day hike but this spring has been very busy with kid music obligations, kid soccer, hubby music, and b-day parties for kids and grown ups. During the week I do well with the standard routine but on week-ends I find it hard to stay being good. If we go out to eat my spouse and I have been splitting one entree which has helped. Maybe I just need to structure my week-ends a little more for eating... I guess I'm finding my own answers, but other suggestions would be nice.
  • HannahMarie65
    Options
    thanks all, those are all great ideas. I will try planning this weekend out and fitting in excersise before or after work! thanks again :)
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is my weakness on the weekends....I just make sure that I work out no matter what...weekend before last we didnt get home until 12:30 and guess what? I did my 30 day shred until 1am...lol You have to learn to work around it or your lifestyle can't ever adapt :) Good luck! You'll do great!!
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I get up at 6am before anyone else and hit the gym. I always work out more on the weekend than weekdays, so I can have additional calories to eat!!! Of course having myfitnesspal on my iPhone helps me keep track of my calories as I go about my weekend.