Zumba Success Stories and Pics

e_elizb
e_elizb Posts: 62 Member
Do you have them?? I zumba a lot and my instructor talks a lot about all the results from it! I was wondering if anyone on here had some great ones and some pictures?

Replies

• Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    You look like not heavy in your picture so I don't know how much results you're gonna have :)

I lost a total of about 71 lbs so far. Sorry not many pics, the one in my profile is around 150 lbs.

Starting at 202 I lost around 15 walking and with small food changes, before I started zumba.

185-160: My sole 2 focuses were zumba and hiking from about 185-160. That took about 5 months (with food tracking and eating back cals) I can give the most credit to zumba here, and the biggest role zumba played for me was solidifying exercise as a lifestyle. A fun activity not a chore. I did do zumba toning as my only weight training, which helped some, but perhaps / definitely not as much as actual weight training.

160-142 I added in running and circuit weights, still doing zumba but I can't give as much credit to it, and I burn a lot less in zumba after running because my HR doesn't get up as high as easily. At the end of this period I ran my first 1/2 marathon, and was chomping to start weight training after the marathon.

142-132 I added in power class weight training and core class (still doing all the above) and focused m ore on my macros. I think my shape changed more in 142-132 than it did from 160-142. 142-132 took about 2.5 months weight training.

I don't really know where I want to be in the end but zumba will always be a part of my journey because it's just so much fun.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    My before

hitch-dance-o_zps7dbc3479.gif

My after

napoleondynamite_zpsa9aeb595.gif

And here's me with some friends

dancingmen_zpsbb3899a1.gif
  • e_elizb
    e_elizb Posts: 62 Member
    You look like not heavy in your picture so I don't know how much results you're gonna have :)

I lost a total of about 71 lbs so far. Sorry not many pics, the one in my profile is around 150 lbs.

Starting at 202 I lost around 15 walking and with small food changes, before I started zumba.

185-160: My sole 2 focuses were zumba and hiking from about 185-160. That took about 5 months (with food tracking and eating back cals) I can give the most credit to zumba here, and the biggest role zumba played for me was solidifying exercise as a lifestyle. A fun activity not a chore. I did do zumba toning as my only weight training, which helped some, but perhaps / definitely not as much as actual weight training.

160-142 I added in running and circuit weights, still doing zumba but I can't give as much credit to it, and I burn a lot less in zumba after running because my HR doesn't get up as high as easily. At the end of this period I ran my first 1/2 marathon, and was chomping to start weight training after the marathon.

142-132 I added in power class weight training and core class (still doing all the above) and focused m ore on my macros. I think my shape changed more in 142-132 than it did from 160-142. 142-132 took about 2.5 months weight training.

I don't really know where I want to be in the end but zumba will always be a part of my journey because it's just so much fun.

I'm not really expecting crazy crazy results from zumba. It just my fun exercise that isn't a pain to do. I was just wondering out of curiosity really. I know that i won't get results with out more than just zumba.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Zumba Success Stories and Pics

said no one ever
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!