Progress over the last month - I also need some advice!

Options
Comparison of one month ago to today. Mind you, I was never big as such to begin with - I just decided to cut down on junk food/watch what I ate.

Early March:

3143r6e.jpg

Today (April 10th):

fedwuh.jpg

HOWEVER my only issue right now is that I don't have a goal weight! Obviously it would be ridiculous to just keep on losing indefinitely, so I need a bit of guidance here. How much more should/could I lose? Or should I just work on toning up from here?

On another note, I'm very happy with how I look right now :)

Replies

• autopilot_on
    Options
    I can definitely see progress! My advice (unprofessional of course) would be to not worry about a goal weight. If you're eating right and exercising you should use either a body fat % or just the way you look and feel as your goal. I'm to a point now where I don't care about my weight I just know how I want to look. So that's what I'm working towards. If you like tracking, you should measure yourself (arms, waist, hips, etc) or calculate your BF% and use that as a guide.

Great improvement, you look fabulous!
  • floodedlungs
    Options
    Thank you!
    Your suggestions sound good too.
    Just wondering, how do you calculate body fat %? Do you need special equipment or is there another method?
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    On another note, I'm very happy with how I look right now :)

Then "just be." Focus on maintaining, continuing to make healthy food choices, and continue with being active. Tone if you choose, but you look awesome.

"Just be....."
    Kaye
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    Thank you!
    Just wondering, how do you calculate body fat %? Do you need special equipment or is there another method?

There are several calculators online that will give you a "general idea" but the most accurate way is with a caliper test. I think you can also buy a scale that has an electronic pulse feature that will measure your BF%. This is a good article that explains it pretty well: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/
  • floodedlungs
    Options
    Thank you!

There are several calculators online that will give you a "general idea" but the most accurate way is with a caliper test. I think you can also buy a scale that has an electronic pulse feature that will measure your BF%. This is a good article that explains it pretty well: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/

Thank you, I'll have a look at that!
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options
    My waist/stomach looks similar to yours in your early March photo, and I would be ecstatic if I could have your stomach now by mid summer haha!

What exactly did you do? Just watched what you ate?
    Or did you do any special form of exercise?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!