11 Weeks Pregnant and Looking for advice.

Options
Hi,
I am new to this group though not new to MFP. My situation: I joined while pregnant with my first and it took me about 9 month after I had him to get back to UNDER my pre-pregnancy weight. I got my abs back and felt great! He is now 16 month and I am 11 weeks pregnant with baby number 2. :) I am VERY tired with this one. I wasn't working when I was pregnant with my first and I am working, plus I take my son to work as well (I am a nanny, a tutor, and a piano teacher, so it allows me to bring my son). I don't know if that is why I am more tired? Anyways, I want to stay in great shape so that after I have this baby, I can loose the weight even faster, plus I think being in great shape with my first really helped my labor. I was only in the hospital for 3 hours before I had him naturally. It was an over all really short birth.

I am looking for motivation. I want to do cardio at least 3 days a week with abs and legs on alternating days. Doing my leg workouts isn't that hard for me to keep up with. I think because it doesn't take a lot for me to feel it working. With my ab workouts, because I worked on them so hard, I rarely feel sore the next day doing what I'm doing now and soon I won't be able to do most of the workouts. I could use advice and motivation to get past the exhaustion and keep up with my workout routine. I've gained 2-3 pounds so far which isn't too bad I guess?

Thanks for any help. :)

Replies

• BrittanyBrines
    BrittanyBrines Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BrittanyBrines
    BrittanyBrines Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • krissydawn16
    krissydawn16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I pinned something on pinterest recently that I think addresses some of this.. I'm looking for it. But, I would stick to light cardio for an energy burst, early in the morning. Some people have said that cardio helped with morning sickness, too. Pregnancy is a time to just embrace what's happening, and work on growing that healthy baby and staying in shape for labor... not a time to worry about getting your figure back a year from now.

Also, I would ask your OB before doing ab exercises. There are certain things you aren't supposed to do, because of diastasis recti (separated ab muscles).
  • Foxness
    Foxness Posts: 6
    Options
    I had that exhaustion with my first pregnancy but not my second. It went away a few weeks into the second trimester.
  • krissydawn16
    krissydawn16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This may have been the blog I was talking about.. or maybe not. I can't find it. http://makeovermcki.blogspot.com/2013/03/week-8-9.html
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am going on the treadmill just about everyday or I walk. I would stay away from ab workouts for sure. I am 20 weeks along now I think or is it 19 weeks. You'll do fine!! Add me if you'd like too.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm still lifting weights at 33.5 weeks, the first trimester was by far the worst. :( I had to drop my cardio drastically and do bodyweight stuff only for a good while to cope with the exhaustion.
  • orkyokomjs_mom
    Options
    bump
  • rachelklewis3
    rachelklewis3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have 2 little ones (26 mos. apart), and found my second pregnancy to be more tiring than the first. I think it has a lot to do with keeping up with a toddler. Making sure I ate well (lots of protein- greek yogurt and almonds were my faves) helped and making sure I got enough rest at night. Eating healthy (combined with a full time job spent on my feet all day) also meant I only gained 8 lbs. that entire pregnancy. Don't beat yourself up too much if you can't get to the workouts. If you're too tired try just taking a walk with the family after dinner. Use this time to bond with your little one as much as you can since you will soon have to focus on a newborn. I found I bounced back a lot faster after the second one- whose birth was half as long as the first and I hear that is very common. Good luck to you and take care of yourself!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing. If you're tired, just take a walk. You'll get some energy back in the second trimester. You can do abdominal work as long as you're comfortable. I took a core class until I was 7 months. We used a ball for a lot of the work and that helped a lot. Good luck!