My name is _______, and I'm an addict. (new-ish here )

Options
I've been on MFP a couple of weeks now, and it's been great. I think I could use a few more friendly weight loss pals though. Let's see, I turned 29 (for the very first time ) 4 months ago...and after doing the math, that only leaves 8 months until I'm 30..Or, 29 for the second time (I'll decide that when I get there! )

I'm married to a great man and have 3 little beauties..I want to get healthy for all of us! I think we're finally done having babies so I don't have the ... "I may as well wait til I'm done being pregnant - - I don't want to loose 60 pounds only to get knocked up again" excuse I've used for the past 5 years, LOL.

I have a few close friends who are doing great in their weight loss/healthy lifestyle journey, and I'm becoming more and more envious. So I've decided WHY NOT ME. Why not? Really. I've never thought of myself as a healthy/fit person...but it's about dang time I start thinking that way. :happy:

Food is my "socially acceptable drug of choice" and I want to break free from that. :embarassed:

Replies

• ashanygin79
    ashanygin79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We got this!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site.

Keep in mind this is a lifestyle change and it's all about moderation.

Food should still be enjoyed and appreciated.

Just not abused.
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi! I can totally relate to your post when you said you aren't used to picturing yourself as a healthy/fit person. This is all new to me and it started when I turned 30 in December. I mean 29 for the second time....
    I've quit some bad habits (smoking), started eating healthier, drinking more water, juicing, and working out and I feel so much better! I feel like a completely different person and it's a great way to go into this decade. Nice to meet you, I'm new to this site so trying to make some friends on here too. We can do this!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site.

Keep in mind this is a lifestyle change and it's all about moderation.

Food should still be enjoyed and appreciated.

Just not abused.

listen to this man ^...he knows his stuff :)

food is not the enemy, but our attitudes on food have all had to endure a serious sea change in order for us to become healthier.

by the way, i'm actually a recovering alcoholic (5 years, 9 months sober) so i definitely know what it's like to have an addictive personality!

one day at a time :)
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    One thing I learned lately, If one can understand calories doesn't equate to what a person need for a day. It helps me to open my eyes to find things that is high in nutrition and low in calories, It's not about eating less, it's about eating smart.

I've been very regular in here. Add me if you like.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend :) I'm new to this lifestyle as well. Feel free to add me. My diary is open and I log everything I eat every day.
  • cavanerwifey
    cavanerwifey Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

listen to this man ^...he knows his stuff :)

food is not the enemy, but our attitudes on food have all had to endure a serious sea change in order for us to become healthier.

by the way, i'm actually a recovering alcoholic (5 years, 9 months sober) so i definitely know what it's like to have an addictive personality!

one day at a time :)
    [/quote]

Thank you! Also, I agree..Food is not the enemy ( even though I wish I could use food as my scapegoat )...hoping to change my outlook/behavior/attitude. :) And, I will listen and take in as much as I can from anyone who knows what they're talking about and it looks as though he does. :)
  • Martina_A_M
    Martina_A_M Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also new to the website but I do have quite some experience with nutrition and exercise, feel free to add me as a friend. I know from experience that the more support you get the better the results, so let's get moving! :flowerforyou: