Amenorrhea (no period) experiences?

Options
13»

Replies

• palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I know this happens a lot with professional dancers, I majored in dance and teach now. Glad you met with professionals but here is an article from Dance Magazine with some tips on how to resolve the issue, thought you might be interested

http://www.dancemagazine.com/issues/February-2013/Your-Body-The-Bone-Bank
  • jett254
    jett254 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I know this happens a lot with professional dancers, I majored in dance and teach now. Glad you met with professionals but here is an article from Dance Magazine with some tips on how to resolve the issue, thought you might be interested

http://www.dancemagazine.com/issues/February-2013/Your-Body-The-Bone-Bank

Thanks - that is helpful! I'm definitely taking this seriously and trying to do most if not all of the things mentioned in the article. I know that I've added having avocado to my sandwich at lunch, having nuts and a hard boiled egg for a snack instead of carrots and a laughing cow cheese, and I've switched to full fat yogurt instead of fat free yogurt. I'm trying to use more healthy oils and have almond butter too. I'm going to grab some hummus at the store today. Crossing my fingers that these changes make a difference!
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've had this experience where it lasted for 6 months. At the time, I was in the doctor's range of what is the ideal weight/BMI. Everything felt and seemed right - I actually enjoyed being "free". However I recognized that it was 'not normal'. I went to the doctor and all my bloodwork was fine however the doctor did state that if it did not start within the following month, they would prescribe a medication to cause it to start. Luckily for me, it started within that time frame. All that to say, you are doing the right thing. Go to the doctor and follow their instructions and try not to worry about it. It is probably from your workout routine and if all your tests are fine, it should not cause concern. Every woman's body is different.