Waist Slimmer Belt: Yay or Nay

Options
At work today a few coworkers of mine were talking about waist slimmer belts that you wear while exercising. Both said that the belts were awesome, making them sweat instantly. Seems like a promising product...

They cost between 4.99 & 9.99...is it something worth the money or just a waste of time?

Replies

• AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I'd go with waste of time...and money.
  • PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options
    Both said that the belts were awesome, making them sweat instantly.

Sweat DOES NOT DIRECTLY CORRELATE WITH A CALORIE BURN . Just like people who live in hot climates aren't all skinny.
  • dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Give me a break. Please tell me you aren't going to fall for that crap.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    short cuts don't work. Just my $.02
  • PureAdamic
    Options
    short cuts don't work. Just my 2¢

Fixed for you (:
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Someone gave me one for Christmas b/c everyone at her gym said they were so amazing. I'm glad she only wasted $5 on it. Yep, you sweat like crazy, but if that equated to weight loss, I would just sit outside all day. You might see a decrease on the scale, but it will be water weight only...not fat loss. Save your $5...or I can send you mine!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    instantabs.jpg
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    only if you plan on never drinking water again...Once you do it's going right back where it was. All it does is reduce water weight, nothing to do with fat or calories is changed.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You could wrap Saran Wrap around your waist and get the same effect.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    instantabs.jpg

BAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh: :happy: :happy:
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    They really do work! I recommend getting one for each day of the week.

Bigg Biggly
    CEO Waist Slimmer LLC
  • PureAdamic
    Options
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hard to believe they are still marketing those things. I had one when i was a teenager --
    They are pointless, useless and a waste of time and money.
  • 257_Lag
    Options
    To the original poster, seeing as you only have 8 posts you are probably new to the forum and it was probably a legitimate question. I would like to apologize for my smart *kitten* post. This site isn't kind to any kind of fad diet or gimmick, probably because we have all fallen for one at some point in our lives. Please don't take any of this personally :flowerforyou:

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • PureAdamic
    Options
    To the original poster, seeing as you only have 8 posts you are probably new to the forum and it was probably a legitimate question. I would like to apologize for my smart *kitten* post. This site isn't kind to any kind of fad diet or gimmick, probably because we have all fallen for one at some point in our lives. Please don't take any of this personally :flowerforyou:

I think your comment was great!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I use one, a cheap $5 one, but only as a reminder to hold my stomach in while I'm workying out. It's bothersome though, rolls down or won't stay in place, but it keeps my jiggly bits in place.
  • 257_Lag
    Options

I think your comment was great!

Funny? yes

Insensitive? yes also