Introduction and -28 pounds in since 1/20/13

I am new here today. Love to hear stories of how people loose weight (and keep motivated). I am Brooke from Indiana. I have been doing low carb, high protein since Jan 20th, just shy of 3 mths. So far I am down 28 pounds. I have went from a sz 20W to a regular size 16, happy to say. I have lost a total of 24 inches. My daily workout is a solid hour on my elliptical and then 15 minutes of free weights and crunches with 10 pounds of weights. I also add gardening to my exercise, when the weather is nice.

For the first 6 weeks I was almost doing Adkins, but I have added more variety to my diet lately. Lots of lean chicken, fish, pork, veggies, salads. Started making my own salad dressings and such. I am basically teaching myself to cook all over again. Trying to eat very naturally. Nothing processed except a few sauces, and I will soon try to cut those out as well.

Lets see, I am 40 years old, work part time and have two tween/teen daughters. My end goal is -65 pounds. I am hoping to be -50 by December for a trip with my husband. I have been losing about 1.5 pounds per week or -7 a month. I know that will slow down, but I am really putting my all into this. Losing almost 4 sizes has been a big reward. Look forward to meeting others and hearing your stories.

~Brooke

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    You are doing incredibly well!!! You should be very proud of your achievement. Keep up the good work!
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Well done! Sounds like you've got it all pretty much worked out.
  • Good Job!!!