I'm having a hard time getting started

Options
I haven't made it through 2 full days yet

Replies

• DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Come on girl, you can do this! Have some faith in yourself, we're all with you. We are gonna be even more beautiful!!
  • LeslieDoIt
    LeslieDoIt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My weight has gotten so out of hand that I've got to do it! Thanks for the encouragement - I'm really going to try harder.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    We are here for you!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend. In the first days, take it meal by meal ! Eat two healthy snacks so you're keeping something in your belly every 3 hours. Drink plenty of water. :)

Do it for YOU
  • amandasimons
    Options
    Hiya I started a new diet today the toughest thing ever cutting down my calorie in take and the amount of food I eat tempted by everything :( but just tryin to think of the end result of just feeling and looking better fingers crossed. We can do this with all the support we shall do it together :) xxx
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You have to at least try. Don't cut calories so drastically that you walk around starving...allow yourself enough where you'll still SLOWLY lose weigh but still feel like you are depriving yourself.
    I allow myself 1700 calories a day which sets me up to lose a pound a week. Start out slow and make sure you exercise! Take a walk, clean your house, do a few crunches here and there. You have to just grin and bear it until it becomes routine.
    You can do it!!
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    "The desire to change must be greater than the desire to stay the same."
  • Jdiaz72
    Jdiaz72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have restarted several times. Today is my clean slate day and I am determined to stick with it. We can do this!
  • keepsakesbyconny
    keepsakesbyconny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You just need to keep telling yourself -- I didn't gain it over night, I'm not going to lose it over night!! ONE DAY AT A TIME!! POUND BY POUND!! You can do it!!
  • califeisagift
    califeisagift Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad and don't give up. I failed 3 times last week trying to start this and now I am back on the wagon! You may need to adjust your settings! I was trying to lose 2 pounds a week at 1200 calories/day and it was so hard, I was hungry. Thanks to a tip from a friend here on mfp, I adjusted my setting to lose 1 pound a week and I found that now I can actually do this! You can do it, lady! If I can, you can too! requesting you as a friend so we can motivate each other. :)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    One thing that helped me was to find things that made me full. Popcorn really helped me to not be hungry when I was eating very little where on the other hand cereal did not keep me full. So find the things that help you stay full and drink lots of water
  • KReduced
    KReduced Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What really helped me was making my diary public. I felt like if other people would find out about those donuts or ice cream I was secretly eating it wouldn't be...well.. a secret... Some days I have problems (I just ate some reeces candy actually) but I still logged it. And I am still in my calorie requirement. You can do it!! Get some motivational friends, take some pictures and start hanging out on here! :flowerforyou:
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Wen I have this problem I usually think of Jennifer Aniston, Kate Upton or one of my friends' moms

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • lorieaucoin
    lorieaucoin Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day - silly, obvious statement, but so true when trying to eat better. Just because you "cheated" one day, doesn't mean that tomorrow isn't going to matter - in fact, it doesn't mean the rest of THAT day isn't going to matter.
    You CAN do this. No matter what your story, how heavy you are, what your goal is, etc, it IS possible.
    Take this from someone who used to weigh 420 and couldn't even walk up a flight of stairs without needing a break.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Guess what? You HAVE started. :flowerforyou:

You are having a hard time continuing.

But you are not quitting.

Hang in there.
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Try baby steps. Maybe try to change one thing a week. Like week one eat so many fruits a day. Week 2 walk half an hour a day etc. Stay strong you can do this. We are all here to help. Feel free to add me. I will cheer you on!
  • evon623
    evon623 Posts: 7
    Options
    It is a hard process to start, but if you really want it you can do it. I know first hand. Two years ago I started this same journey, and I remember being absolutely frustrated to tears at times, but I did it. In one year I managed to loose 56 lbs. Then last year in March, I fractured my left foot and as fate would have it, I fractured the right one in June. I have not been in the gym since and have lapsed with my good eating habits and as result, put 35 of those pounds back on. That is very frustrating! But I am starting again with My Fitness Pal, and I am going to go back to the gym and find things to do that will not be so hard impacting on my feet. I did it once, I can do it again, and go further. YOU CAN DO IT! Add me and we can bounce frustrations and suggestions off one another. Good luck!
  • Kimlogans
    Kimlogans Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Applaud your self for even starting; the first step is the hardest.
  • Jobeth1961
    Jobeth1961 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So many of us have been just where you are today, we know how it hurts to face the whole journey. Break it into many many small attainable goals/steps. If you don't start you won't get to look back at April with a happy, joyous feeling.

Look how far I've come (91 lbs) if I hadn't done day one then taken one day at a time, do you think I would have gotten slim by magic, because I don't! Wishing doesn't work, action does. Some days, some weeks will be bad for you but so long as you NEVER go more than 3 bad weeks in a row (just a number that works for me) this time next spring, guess what ~ you'll be the one encouraging a slow starter! Best wishes xx
  • zefreak
    zefreak Posts: 37
    Options
    You can do it! :) The hardest part is getting through that first week! And you are further than you were 2 days ago :)

Remember it takes 30 DAYS to form a new habit. Keep with it and I promise you it will start to get easier!
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    It is a principal of physics, objects in motion tend to stay in motion, while objects at rest tend to stay at rest. pick one:smile: