Shrimp is whats for dinner

Options
HELP!! I have shrimp to make for dinner but not sure how to prepare it without making it fatty and being in the kitchen for more than 15 min. Any input is appreciated.

Replies

• SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    steam. spice to taste. place of a bed of raw spinach, strawberries, walnuts, and feta cheese.
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Grilled on the BBQ (2 mins on each side for medium sized shrimp). Toss on top of a large spinach salad (I like mine with strawberries or blueberries, goat cheese and almonds) or in a pasta with pesto or tomato sauce and any other veggies you can grill on the BBQ at the same time.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    one word!!!!!!!!!!!!! CEVICHE!!!!!

one of the healthies dishes in the world and tasty....................AND it cookds itself in the fridge!!!:bigsmile:
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options

one of the healthies dishes in the world and tasty....................AND it cookds itself in the fridge!!!:bigsmile:

I flipping LOVE ceviche! I would also say grilled. It's great on skewers with some fruit and veg. Or tossed in a light sauce for pasta. Or in a jambalaya. Or as the protein highlight of a mostly veggie stir fry. So many options!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    cut them shrimp up raw in little pieces! put them in a bowl.....squeeze about 10 limes till its submerged in the fresh lime juice.
    Put in fridge for a few hours or overnight!

when ready.... dice this up finely and throw it in the bowl

A tomato
    raw onion
    cilantro
    raw jalapeno(optional)
    salt to taste...

bammmmm serve on top of some tostadas!!!:devil:
  • samik8907
    samik8907 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Last week I made a pretty delicious recipe. Only used 13 medium shrimp, since they were what I had. Can do more just tweak the recipe to your needs.

Preheat oven to 350.
    Take foil and fold up edges to keep juices in. (roughly the size of of piece of paper - 2 pcs)
    Place shrimp in center of foil.
    Add tbsp of butter (tried to top each shrimp)
    Used pico de gallo (even tho the recipe I found said to use chopped veggies) about 2 tbsp per foil sheet.
    Closed the foil (long sides together and folded up; the the shorter sides rolled a couple times. Not too tight; you want the steam to have space or it might explode.
    Bake about 10 - 15 mins.

Mixed mine with some rice. The pico gave it its flavor but could easily do veggies and seasonings to your liking.
  • mfavela83
    mfavela83 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks Beerrunner!!! I'm having some ceviche for dinner!!! :smile:
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    cut them shrimp up raw in little pieces! put them in a bowl.....squeeze about 10 limes till its submerged in the fresh lime juice.

A tomato
    raw onion
    cilantro
    raw jalapeno(optional)
    salt to taste...

Oh my...!!!! :bigsmile: Tengo que concinar esta...!!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

mmmmmmm with avocado and tortilla chips and a nice tequilla salsa
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options

A tomato
    raw onion
    cilantro
    raw jalapeno(optional)
    salt to taste...

:heart: hhhmm now I'm in the mood for ceviche!