Macaroni Grill

Options
Ok, I did a search in hopes to see someone had posted what they would eat at Macaroni Grill. All I found was people saying to avoid it because there is basically no way to eat healthy there.

However, I have a group dinner there for work in about 20 minutes. Can anyone help me with some ideas of what you would get?? Things that I THINK sound healthy (Grilled King Salmon) have over 1200 calories in them!!

http://www.macaronigrill.com/menus

Replies

• lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can think of (since I don't think I have ever been to a Macaroni Grill) is to maybe limit your portions- make sure you take at least half of it home. Do they not have veggies as a side for the salmon?

-Kendra
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    You don't have to finish your entire entree. Order something that can be split in half. Ask for the doggy bag the moment your food arrives. ( I used to feel awkward about this, but if I turn it into a compliment to the kitchen I feel more comfortable, so say, OH MY, that's so much food, can I get a container, because I can already tell I won't be able to finish it all)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I ate there the other day and had Grilled Shrimp Spiedini. Delicious, light and under 400 calories.
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    No pasta. No appetizer. Don't touch the bread.

Salad of some sort, dressing on the side?
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Wait- there's a "lite" menu. Get something from that and take half of it home for lunch tomorrow.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Oh, and to add to the frustration of it, I'm not home, so a doggie bag/taking half home- isn't an option. I'm in a different state and staying in a hotel for 3 days. Fun fun.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you have left?
    I would get a soup and salad with dressing on the side or the Pollo Caprese.

Or the tapas meatballs with a side salad.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    No pasta. No appetizer. Don't touch the bread.

Salad of some sort, dressing on the side?

Don't even LOOK at the bread.
  • Palrn
    Palrn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would do soup and salad.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Just order an appetizer as your mea instead of an entree.
  • cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You can still get a a doggie bag just to get the food off your plate. Hand it to the homeless guy on the corner or THROW IT OUT. Better than eating it and regretting it. I eat there occasionally and get the portion I can't eat out of sight immediately. Eating it because I can't take it home with me is more wasteful of my time and energy in the long run. I read a story once about a woman who would put dishsoap over the leftovers to make sure she didn't nibble them away. Might need to pack some Dawn.