weddings... need some help!

schnarfo
schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
Hi, I am engaged to a lovely man and I am hoping to get married in August 2014 (our 10 yr anniversary). I need a little help though with knowing how on earth you plan a wedding?! Yes I know this is a fitness website but theres so many ladies posting about their wedding gowns at the moment that I thought it would be a good place to start to gather some ideas.

Like what should I look for when I view venues? How did you choose the perfect place? How did you choose your colour scheme?Any advice welcome :D

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    If I'd been with someone for 10 years, I'd JP it, and send postcards from the honeymoon as reminders to give us **** since I just saved you the time of having to come to my wedding.

Oh, and I just tried not to disagree too much with what she said WE liked. And I played peacekeeper.

In all seriousness, congrats and good luck.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    The Knot has a great tool for planning a wedding... at least it did when I got married 6 years ago.

Hubby and I didn't want anything fancy, so we were really happy when my family said that we should just have the wedding at their property by the river and they wanted to make all the food. After you guys figure out what kind of wedding you want, things will seem a little less overwhelming from there. It did for us anyway!

Good luck! :flowerforyou: