TDEE, BMR, MFP & FitBIt

Okay, I'm thoroughly confused at this point. I had started a post b/c I'm stuck. And it seems I'm eating too few calories. So I took an external BMR & TDEE and came up with 1339 for my BMR and 2076 for my TDEE. Meaning I need around 1550 calories for weight loss.

Now- how do I enter this in MFP and FitBIt so it's 'correct' AND what do I do with my FitBit calories being subtracted?

Replies

• Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Okay, I'm thoroughly confused at this point. I had started a post b/c I'm stuck. And it seems I'm eating too few calories. So I took an external BMR & TDEE and came up with 1339 for my BMR and 2076 for my TDEE. Meaning I need around 1550 calories for weight loss.

Now- how do I enter this in MFP and FitBIt so it's 'correct' AND what do I do with my FitBit calories being subtracted?

MFP: My Home- Goals- customize goals-change net calories to 1550. You'll see your weight loss per week change.
    FitBit- Dashboard - scroll down to food plan area click edit and adjust your settings.

If you have negative adjustment on: record exercise in fitbit and food in MFP. As you exercise and make steps you'll earn more calories to eat on MFP.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    I'm right there with ya girl. I have been reading so much stuff today....I usually eat 1200 calories because that is what everything tells you and especially MFP when you are trying to lose 2lb/week. Buttt I just found this http://funeralformyfat.tumblr.com/eatingenough. So I guess starting today I'm going to eat 1538 calories so my body doesn't think I'm starving it?? Just sounds so scary.
  • invermont25
    invermont25 Posts: 38 Member
    I am so right there with you. I was actually getting ready to post my own comment when I saw yours. I'm stuck at a plateau. I've been the same weight for 4 weeks. I was roughly at a 6500 calorie deficit for last week. I admit I might not count every taste, but and lick but that's still gotta be a difference that should be visible on the scale. I run 4-5 days a week (3-5 miles at a time) plus do 30min strength training 3-4 days a week. I just increased my Calorie goal from 1430 (per MFP to lose 1lb a week) to 1525 because I'm worried I'm not eating enough and because the BMR TDEE calculators do nothing but confuse me. Of course I still can't quite wrap my head around eating more to lose weight either but that's a product of being obese most of my life.
    Thoughts??? And I don't even have a fit bit to confuse things more. I just use my Calories MFP calculates for exercise.
    I'm Female, 5'6", weigh 154. My daily work is lightly active but as you see from above I work out pretty intensely 4-6 days a week. My starting weight 3 yrs ago was 225-230 (I started using MFP in November from a "point counting" method.
  • ellnie_
    ellnie_ Posts: 15 Member

MFP: My Home- Goals- customize goals-change net calories to 1550. You'll see your weight loss per week change.
    FitBit- Dashboard - scroll down to food plan area click edit and adjust your settings.

If you have negative adjustment on: record exercise in fitbit and food in MFP. As you exercise and make steps you'll earn more calories to eat on MFP.

I'm sorry but this doesn't make any sense to me. Everything I've read on here says if you use an external TDEE you DON"T eat back your calories. So at 1550 I wouldn't eat back anything. And my biggest concern is making sure FitBIt has my correct BMR/TDEE. And do I turn off the option of having it count my calories earned through daily activites b/c it's included in the outside TDEE calculation? So I only see true exercise calories burnt? Sorry, I know you are trying to help but I think this information given is just wrong.