Yay for my hubby...

Options
I'm celebrating my husband's success at losing 2 pounds by eating "my foods"... :laugh:

He supported my efforts, but (like me) DIDN'T THINK he could lose weight without super-human effort, and continued to allow himself to consume 1/2 gallon boxes of ice cream. Now he is starting to realize that we make CHOICES, and then have to live with the CONSEQUENCES. :ohwell:

SO my Happy Mother's Day was two-fold: I'm at the weight I wanted to be for Mother's Day (and will get to wear my size 8 clothes :drinker: ), and my husband has lost a couple of pounds and now is starting to understand the concept of Food Choices. He has diabetes and should lose some weight, but in the past he just found it too difficult to do. He's now walking the dogs more (hey! it's spring!) and choosing to eat some lower calorie foods, including fresh fruits and salads.

WooHoo! This is the BEST MOTHER'S DAY EVER!!!!!! :love: Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

Replies

• xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to you! And congrats on your weight loss! It's awesome to see how we can influence those around us to change to better themselves--both of you, keep up the good work!
  • nina1968
    nina1968 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That is great. Congraulations. Your story sounds alot like mine. My husband startd mfp about a week after me, And he has lost 50lbs. It is a great feeling changing for the better. Best of luck to you and your husband. And keep up the good work.
    Happy Mothers day to you too.
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    That is fantastic!...
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    Yea for you and your hubby!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Yay for you! That's amazing. My husband has recently committed to losing weight with me and has stopped fighting my efforts at bringing healthy food into our lives. Last night he even said "maybe we can go on a all raw food diet." That's a little extreme for me, but the effort behind it made me smile. Happy Mother's Day and congrats on getting into the 8's, I can't wait!