Blueberry French Toast Bake

Options
ericadawn92
ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
I was craving some french toast for breakfast and wanted to be able to make it ahead of time (I don't have a lot of time in the mornings), so I decided to whip up a bake/casserole version of it. This is modified from a recipe I found somewhere, but honestly, most french toast recipes are all the same :P

Nutrition info (WILL VARY BASED ON INGREDIENTS - especially the kind of bread you use!!):
serving size: 1/2 the bake
200 cal
1.8g fat
30.5g carbs
7.5g fiber
18.6g protein

Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Rip up 4 slices of sandwich bread into cubes and fill the bottom of the pan (I used Village Hearth Light 12 Grain bread which has only 40 cals/slice). In a bowl, mix 1/2c milk (I used Blue Diamond Coconut Almond milk), 1c liquid egg whites, 1tsp vanilla extract, 1/8c maple syrup (I used sugar free; add more syrup if you like extra sweet french toast...or just pour more syrup on when you eat it) and cinnamon (I didn't measure...depends on how much you like cinnamon!). Pour this mixture over your bread and make sure your bread gets completely covered/soaked. Mix around if you have to. Let sit for a couple minutes to thoroughly soak. Then mix in/pour over 1c of blueberries -- I used frozen blueberries that I microwaved first, but fresh would definitely still work.

Bake in the oven at 350 for approximately 30 minutes!

Voilá! You're done :D

Replies