Any food with no sugar?

Options
sheltony
sheltony Posts: 73 Member
Started using myfitnesspal yesterday and have already discovered my sugar # is too high by the end of the day. I don't eat sweets, but fruits seem to have lots of sugar. Everything else I've tried seems to have some sugar in it, too. Is there any food with 0 sugar, other than artificial stuff (I'm vegan).

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Meat. Good luck with that on a vegan diet.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Ignore MFPs sugar limits... they're based on the recommended allowance of ADDED sugars. This does not include naturally occurring sugars in fruit, milk, and grain products.
  • emmacssmith
    emmacssmith Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Honestly I wouldn't worry much about sugar from fruit as your body doesn't digest it the same way it does processed sugar, but I try to stay away from juice since its such a concentrated amount at once.
  • sheltony
    sheltony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I won't beat myself up about mfp's sugar values any more.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Started using myfitnesspal yesterday and have already discovered my sugar # is too high by the end of the day. I don't eat sweets, but fruits seem to have lots of sugar. Everything else I've tried seems to have some sugar in it, too. Is there any food with 0 sugar, other than artificial stuff (I'm vegan).

I don't think that there is any food without sugar of some sort. However, some foods do have added sugar (usually noted on the label or on the ingredients).
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Sugar is just a carb. As long as you're eating enough fats and protein, your carbs/sugar aren't important unless you have a medical issue that requires carbs/sugar to be monitored. As long as you're under your calorie goal, you'll lose weight. Some people find that sugar (even from fruit) causes them to have more sugar/carb cravings. If this isn't the case for you there's no need to limit sugar.