Great Job!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    great! Keep going
  • dynamohum
    dynamohum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That a girl keep up the good work, dont forget to some mild exercise so you will be strong when you get your new knees and can chase hubby around.
  • camellia127
    camellia127 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!
  • sancach
    sancach Posts: 20
    Options
    Great work! Keep up the good work!
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    WooHoo!! So proud of your success! Keep up the great work - you will do this!!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I took photos of myself in the bathroom, wearing a 4X sweatshirt. I looked like a big blue egg. That's when I realized that I had to change clothes and get my hubbie to take the photos. :laugh:

Then I put on this shirt which was also 'way too big'.

04-10-13Sueat232pounds_zps1b0a2701.jpg

Finally, I dug to the back of my closet for a tee shirt that was 10 years old. Even that shirt was too big, but it made me feel so good to know that I had 'undergrown' all of my clothes.

I thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. :flowerforyou:

I cannot do many of the things that my other MFP sisters and brothers can do at this time. Because I am restricted by my doctors to only those exercises which do not use my lower legs or require me to bear my weight on my knees. I can't take long walks or get on the treadmill. I do Sit 'n Fit exercises for about 30 minutes most days, and I am very strict about my calories. That is so important to someone like me who is physically limited.

Not being able to get up and jog around the block does NOT mean that I can't lose weight. I put most of my weight on...sitting down and eating without thinking. Now, I may be sitting most of the time; but I am thinking before eating now. My weight is coming off, because I make a commitment to my food plan and my MFP family every day.

Yes...my primary goal is to qualify for those new knees, but my future goals are somewhere in Onederland. I will not stop, when I get my new knees. I will set a new and realistic goal for my future...mobile...life style.

I may be 68 years old, but I fully expect to live into my 90's...and maybe longer. My grandmother lived to be 95. I would like to be a healthy senior...not a fragile, old lady in a nursing home...or a fat corpse in my 70's, because I put food before life. :noway:
  • Auberry5432
    Options
    that's awesome congrats!
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You are doing AMAZING!
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You're doing so awesome! ???? I have no doubt you will have your new knees soon.
  • sydneyaw
    sydneyaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • shamrockit
    shamrockit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment....congrats!!!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Good job on your sucess!! =) Keep it up!! It all worth it in the end!
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL!! Keep up the great work and soon you will be pain free with new knees!
  • Becs34
    Becs34 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job! You are looking happier and healthier. Keep it up!
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the clown pants! A bonus NSV to go along with your weight loss.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Each success story is so inspirational and yours is no different.
    You've done an amazing job on your journey to a healthier you.
    You must be so very proud of your accomplishments to date.
    You've got this ... keep going ... keep posting your journey.
    :flowerforyou:
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You are doing an AMAZING job !! You can really tell the difference !!

I absolutely LOVE the fact that you're working around your limitations, too!

Keep up the great work - you're inspiring many ! !

:flowerforyou: And I LOVE your smile !!
  • hellorobind
    Options
    You look fantastic, keep up the great work.
  • Brynnca
    Brynnca Posts: 11
    Options
    What an inspiring post! So proud and excited for you! It really hit home with me because I'm just a little younger than you, and know I'm headed for the same kinds of ortho problems if I don't get my weight down more.

I see on your profile that you're from Chula Vista-- I was born and raised in San Diego and used to work in Chula Vista, and my husband grew up there.

Wishing you all the best in continuing to turn back the clock! Hope I can "undergrow" my clothes soon as you have done! And hey-- I understand you wanting to wait to buy a nice new wardrobe, but go treat yourself to a few things that fit you, even if it's just at a thrift store! Show off how much you've lost and don't hide under too-big clothes! It will be a nice little reward along the way, and maybe motivational as well.

Cheers!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!