Motivated With $$$ To Lose Weight?

Would you be more motivated to lose weight if you were receiving lots of money to do so? And why? How does it differ from your current motivation?

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Uhm, yes. Because some money > no money :laugh:

But, ONLY if I were already motivated on my own and wanted to do it already.
  • eag264
    eag264 Posts: 116
    Upside: more money to buy a whole new wardrobe! lol
  • itsnowornevercici
    itsnowornevercici Posts: 27 Member
    i think its unhealthy to do it for money personally, purely on the basis that your not doing it for your health.

the stresses of life and the strains financially mean that your focus and your goals aren't being directed or placed in the right areas.

its important to remember when doing something like weight loss you need to look at the bigger picture, that being, if you don't look after you then what future do you have?
  • Danwclarke
    Danwclarke Posts: 3 Member
    Jarod from Subway is a great example. Millions of dollars worked as motivation for him.
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    I am doing that now. My gym has a fit for summer team competition. You work as a 4 person team, twice a week you do a group workout with a PT. Our team works out twice a day, intervals in the morning and lifting at night. Our trainer provides nutrition goals for calorie intake as well as a macro breakdown. This year is the biggest one ever, prize money over 20,000 dollars. It started this week and ends at the month of May
  • I personally would do it without the money (obviously), but a lot of people claim that the main reason they don't work out is because they don't have time to do so between their work schedule. That, and because some can't afford to pay the higher cost of healthier, fresh groceries.

If money were an option, I'm sure a helluva lot more people would be getting down at the gym. An hourly/weekly salary for each hour put in for exercise would sure make me spend more time there. Either way, true motivation is something that happens after a person reaches the point to where they look in the mirror and say "enough is enough" and they WANT to change themselves or KEEP themselves healthy and beautiful. ;)