nutritional cleansing ?

a Friend of mine tried to get me to go to one her friends seminars earlier this week, It was all about nutritional cleansing and some new product that was suppose to be amazing.

The way she pitched it too me really upset me, She said " I know you eat well and exercise but it's not enough" i have lost 9 Kgs (another 5 without MPF so 14kgs all up) with cal counting and regular exercise. what does she mean by "its not enough"? is she saying I'm still fat and the only way I can loose the rest is by doing this? (she sounds brain washed to me)

I don't believe in any of that cleansing stuff like a lot of other people, My body is not Toxic i know that but this thing is claiming that you cannot loose weight without detoxing your body of fat!

This isn't a low cal cleanse or a lemon detox the shakes alone have 400+ cals and claim to have more nutrients then food alone,but it does call for cleanse days where you drink something all day and eat fruit.

Has anyone heard of this nutritional cleansing thing? is it a load of poop like I thought and a money waster?

All opinions and info welcome :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Another MLM/Pyramid scam.......
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Sounds like an oxymoron, to me.

Most cleanses are mostly laxatives, so they clean out your bowels and prevent them from functioning properly. They need fiber, water and a good mix of bacteria to get nutrition out of your food.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Sounds like an oxymoron, to me.

Most cleanses are mostly laxatives, so they clean out your bowels and prevent them from functioning properly. They need fiber, water and a good mix of bacteria to get nutrition out of your food.

but what they are trying to say is that the meal replacement they provide has more fiber and protein etc etc then actually having a meal.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    You, my dear, have a phenomenal bullstuff detector and you should trust it.

This product, whatever it is, is a bunch of malarkey. You simply cannot beat real food! Scientists try very hard to duplicate food in labs, and keep perishable items shelf-stable for eternity. But nothing replaces honest to goodness food.

Save your time, save your money, listen to your gut - in each sense, in this instance. <3
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Eating well and exercising is enough.
    Keep at it.
  • Pearlyladybug
    You, my dear, have a phenomenal bullstuff detector and you should trust it.

This product, whatever it is, is a bunch of malarkey. You simply cannot beat real food! Scientists try very hard to duplicate food in labs, and keep perishable items shelf-stable for eternity. But nothing replaces honest to goodness food.

Save your time, save your money, listen to your gut - in each sense, in this instance. <3

haha why thank you! i don't feel as bad for not giving her a chance now!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Eating well and exercising is enough.
    Keep at it.

Thats my plan! I wonder if this is just an Australia thing or if anyone else has heard of it!